Is it unacceptable to stand up for Jehovah's Witnesses on a site called Jehovah's-Witness.net?

by THE GLADIATOR 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

Common sense isn't so common in my expeience and varies with one's perception. Is it sensible to expect people here to welcome those who represent a lifetime of pain and abuse with open arms, especially when those reiterate the same ignorance that brought them here?

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

You bring up the dual nature of this board. Is JWN only a nurturing place that helps exJWs to heal or is it also a place that invites JWs to participate, defending their beliefs and their faith in the Watchtower? Is this a closed board or one open to all ideas even those that may offend former Witnesses? I'm not the owner, Simon must answer that.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I don't see why it has to be one or the other; in fact it's both and much more. It's not a closed board but it has rules and a predominent bias but is fairly liberal. You can speak your mind and so will everyone else. And of course, squeaky wheels get the grease. My apologies for taking it to the personal. Forgive me if it appeared I was trolling for a reaction.

• Quentin
    Quentin

If a poster comes on this board, ex-jw, jw, one who wants to convert the "heathen", what ever their reason and they, call people liars, sling mud, disrupt disscusion, have no reguard for others feelings (alice encouraged someone to end their live? Shamefull, beyond contempt). Folks like that are looking for a fight and they get one.

Is it unacceptable to stand up for Jehovah's Witnesses on a site called Jehovah's-Witness.net? No, it's not.

Freedom, when achived, does strange things to people (sadly some are so giddy with it they go overboard). One is, they refuse to be door mats to anyone, ever again. It's that simple. People are not going to lay down, step aside and take abuse. No matter your belife system, if you are an abusive poster your going to get spanked. What we see here at JWN is human nature, at its best, at its worst. That's not going to change.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Ahm still scratchin' ma head... Wha happened?

• Quentin
    Quentin

.....not sure, but it happened...

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

wah wah wah alice offended me! wah wah wah she call me an idiot and she said am gonna die in armageddon! wah wah wah she disturbed my peace. damned jws leave us alone.cant you reason jws? cant you have an honest discussion? what are you brainwashed our what?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

lets ban all who dont behave according to the rules....wait which rules? my rules your rules wt rules cristin rules atheist rules...nah lets just ban non-intelligent people...ok goodbye im banned :-) to hell with freedom od speech. specially jws

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Believingxjw: Is this a closed board or one open to all ideas even those that may offend former Witnesses?

When I started this thread I asked the question in the title. Above is a related question from believingxjw.

I asked to be educated. Your replies and opinions are and have been an education to me.

I have not been able to comment on all your replies but I do appreciate them. On average I start less than one thread a year. I tend to comment on other peoples topics. Thanks for making this topic interesting and avoiding it being a flop.

The topic is not specifically about Alice . Because she has most recently been fiercely debating in support of JWs, she seems to be on everyone’s mind.

There will be other JWs who come here to defend their beliefs and values. Some will be angry and hostile. We are all at different stages of development and all have our own way of reacting to them.

I have at times been accused by Christians of retaining a black and white attitude, from my JW days. I guess we all retain some of the traits we learned as JWs. We are predisposed to defend our point of view and drive away anyone that threatens our beliefs.

Has this thread in any way altered your view?

We must each decide which is best, holding close or pushing away.

Which is more powerful, the sword or the embrace?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

In view of all the fuss about Alice in Wonderland, I Couldn’t resist this:

Remember the Red Queen in the story of Alice in Wonderland? The one that kept shouting, "Off with their heads!"

"First of all we execute people and then we try them and then we decide what to charge them with."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit