Is it unacceptable to stand up for Jehovah's Witnesses on a site called Jehovah's-Witness.net?

by THE GLADIATOR 150 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I fail to see why people such as Alice in Wonderland, Bane and others, are regularly singled out as Tolls. Demands are repeatedly made that they are shunned and thrown off the forum; while people like Perry, who rant on with pages of controversial drivel, are considered acceptable?

I personaly don't view any of them as Trolls, just people who feel a need to stand up for what they believe. They come here to thrash out the finer points of their conviction against barrage of ridicule, abuse and criticism.

Although I don't share their viewpoint, I thought the idea of this site was to debate different mindsets?

I am puzzled how such judgement is made? Please educate me.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think the difference is that JW's view people who disagree as apostates and someone to be avoided.

• megs
    megs

From the perspective of an observer, the JW apologists make it personal, thus eliciting the response from people accusing them as trolls.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't think anyone should be banned who hasn't broken forum rules, that includes apologists such as Alice.

However, when people come on a forum filled with people who have been victimized in one way or another by the JW religion, and defend it, even on sensitive issues such as pedophilia, it's understandable that there is going to be a backlash. Defending WT doctrine is one thing. But often times they attempt to nullify the pain that others have experienced because it doesn't harmonize with the image of spiritual paradise they want to believe exists among the jws.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" They come here to thrash out the finer points of their conviction "

Yes, like calling people liars when they make claims against the Org.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Their very presence here is evidence of disobedience to the cult they claim to support. I have nothing but utter contempt for that sort of hypocrisy. I have no problem with JWs who come here sincerely looking for answers, but the people you named are not that sort. They are here simply to antagonize. Their posting history is evidence of that.

If the roles were reversed, and we went to JW discussion boards or even a kingdom hall to express our views, how long would our presence be tolerated?

W

• wasblind
    wasblind

Finally-Free,

• TD
    TD

I've pointed out several times before that we've had bona fide JW's come here. One of them went by the handle 'Friend' and you can find his posts in the archives if you want.

He was one of the most intelligent, kindest persons I've ever had anything to do with. The contrast between him and a few of the more recent participants claiming to be JW speaks for itself.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

generally a site has a certain mindset if you go against it you probably get some negative response if you went to a pro jw site and started being controversial people would be upset. It's just the nature of the beast so they say.

the wtbs has ordered its followers away from sites like this at the risk of punishment so I don't know why a true believer would take that risk.

this is a free thought site and the old saying is true "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Gladiator..

Posters like Bane and Alice have no problem attacking vulnerable posters..

Or..Anyone else for that matter..

They demand we follow the WBT$ and can`t be bothered to live by the same standards..

Posters like Bane and Alice single themselves out..

You make a huge mistake by mistaking them for normal average Jehovah`s Witness`s..

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit