Is it unacceptable to stand up for Jehovah's Witnesses on a site called Jehovah's-Witness.net?

by THE GLADIATOR 150 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

SweetBabyCheezits Good comment & quote!

Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Having studied your avatar, I can see how the predicament you are in would make it difficult to read comments.

My advice is - go easy on the vaseline next time!

• yesidid
    yesidid

I don't have any trouble admitting I'm wrong.

I freely admit I was wrong once last year............................or was it the year before?

y

• Twitch
    Twitch

lol

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

If Alice was so irritating why was she encouraged to post? If she was so annoying why were her threads so popular? She and others like her are encouraged here, they provide a form of entertainment. And like a boxer who boxes his opponent to the floor many here enjoy the fight and at the end also enjoy the accolades for winning. I find it rather hypocritical to punch Alice in the mouth when the reality of it all is that she was encouraged to continue posting by those who engaged her in her threads.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes many of us may have enjoyed proving alice wrong, i know i enjoyed it

but when she called people liars, and would try to demean them,

when they were already stripped of so much from this Org.

That's when all hell broke lose and she deserved it. One thing

i found out that isn't tolerated here and that's rubbing salt in a

fresh wound.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Nobody forced Alice to be a bitch, er witch, which she was. Were someone to behave the same way to you at work, would you be so "understanding"?

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

"Rubbing salt in a fresh wound" goes on every day in the lives of many people. Are exJWs the only ones who suffer and who endure ridicule and harsh words thrown at them? No.

Are JWs expected to read the "truth" about their religion? Yes. Is it hurtful, you bet! But as former Witnesses we need a soft pillow while posting on the internet? Not gonna happen! As long as we expect JWs to endure the truth as harsh as it may be we should expect that harsh arrows come our way as well. If that's too hard then we should not be posting on exJW boards.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Twitch,

This is not work, this is the internet and JWN is an exJW discussion board. If we expect JWs to toughen up and accept what's thrown at them why should we cry foul when they do the same?

• Twitch
    Twitch

I've found that here, like anywhere such as the workplace, those who rock the boat and poke people in the eye will get whats coming to them. The law of the sandbox. My point is that this website is not any different and that it is a microcosm of the larger world, with a bias of course. You get as you give and I've no problem giving, good or bad. If you want to be nice to those who despise what you believe, what you value, essentially who you are, go for it. But I don't go to their website and stir shit up for fun. I call em like I see em and if you don't agree, that's ok by me.

• wasblind
    wasblind

How bad do you miss alice? go follow her!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit