Is The Watchtower Organization A Cult To You?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What most JWS don't realize including ALICE is that the are submitting themselves and obediently worshiping the leaders of the corrupt WTS.

The WTS/JWS was purposely created to create power, wealth and control by exploiting the already establish belief in the bible.

Unfortunately it has been somewhat successful in doing so by using disingenuous tactics and provocation of implied fear.

Without fear the JWS wouldn't exist, as well as manipulative embellishment of the bible itself.

The WTS. just like all similar religions like this self proclaim themselves that they are the only true worshipers of god

and are his only direct channel through his holy spirit, thats why spiritualism and bullshit can be placed easily in the same sentence.

• designs
    designs

buzz words- Apostate to our former religion, Heretic and heresy to others. Its a lovely bunch of coconuts

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

When I first started to have doubts, I thought a lot of the doctrine was cooked up pretty good, thought some whack job was having fun with peoples' heads. Then I started to research (first using WTLIB CD) then looking to the internet for answers then reading Steve Hassan's book as well as CofC from Ray Franz. After everything I've learned so far, Jehovah's Witnesses are without a doubt a cult.

If it walks like a cult, talks like a cult, well... you get the point.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Yes they are a cult and a dangerous one at that. They may not kill people outright like Jim Jones but they do ruin peoples lives. From what I have seen a lot of people are brain damaged by WBTS.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"What most JWS don't realize including ALICE is that the are submitting themselves and obediently worshiping the leaders of the corrupt WTS.

The WTS/JWS was purposely created to create power, wealth and control by exploiting the already establish belief in the bible.

Unfortunately it has been somewhat successful in doing so by using disingenuous tactics and provocation of implied fear.

Without fear the JWS wouldn't exist, as well as manipulative embellishment of the bible itself.

The WTS. just like all similar religions like this self proclaim themselves that they are the only true worshipers of god

and are his only direct channel through his holy spirit, thats why spiritualism and bullshit can be placed easily in the same sentence."

There's no reason to accept any of the above aside from "because you say so" or the work of some novelist that can be dismissed as not worth the media it's printed on from my POV and millions of others.

There are honest people that make a worthwhile endeavor in search for the existence of God. Jehovah's Witnesses can give a thorough answers to all of the following objections. What other religion can?

A question for atheists

All of these kinds of statements reconcile very well the the idea that there is no God. Without God, the revelation would be unprovable and the word would probably never reach everyone. Without a God, there would be no way to figure out which religions, if any, were true and which were false. Without a God, the beliefs of people within the same religion would frequently come into disagreement. Without a God, the believers would find ways to explain why God appears invisible and why God doesn't do anything. Without a God, believers would come to rely on an idea called "faith" instead of relying on their innate ability separate non-fiction and fiction.

No one can prove there is no God, just as no one can prove there are no purple elephants on Neptune. On the other hand, no one can prove God exists either. But that doesn't make it a coin-toss, because if God existed, things would be very different around here. If a God existed, he wouldn't have been so bad at directing scriptures. He probably wouldn't have created so many different religions. He would not have made his believers so morally confused. He would not have directed his flocks to wage war on one another.

Everything makes sense if you don't assume God. If you assume God, virtually nothing about our modern understanding of the universe makes any good sense.

• Titus
    Titus

ALICE, we expect your 666 th post!

And stop post after that!

• cantleave
    cantleave

cult? Sure thing.

Alice? Completely bonkers.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Shit by any other name smells just as foul.

W

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There's no reason to accept any of the above aside from "because you say so"

Your forgetting one important fact Alice and that is there is documented evidence to support that statement,

not just by apostate opposers but the literature, speeches and behavior of the WTS. since its existence.

God bless the inter-net for helping people out with that honest evaluated realization.

Cull people in, control people by provocative lies, manipulation, exploitation, misinformation and ignorance, then build an assorted spiritual family around the organization,

now if that not a cult I don't know what is !

• The Finger
    The Finger

Alice,

"If you can care less about God and find his commandments burdensome, there's legitimate reason to leave. It's not a positive decision and at the same time it isn't necessarily evil.

For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3"

I didn't care less about God. It was because I cared about God that I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit