Is The Watchtower Organization A Cult To You?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

ALICE---The WT. is wrong sooooooooo many times, it isn't even funny! The "truth" doesn't change but the WT. does!!!!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I haven't read the 3 pages of this post, but wanted to make a small comment.

After being inactive for 13+ years, I was waiting for the org to straighten out a few things that I knew in my heart were just wrong. I still thought it was the 'Truth'. Just heading down a wrong trail. And I would often defend the org for meaning to do right and adhere to Jah's standards.

A good, non-jw friend kept telling me they were cult. I flatly rejected that concept. Would not listen to his reasoning and would counter with the WTS reasons of why they are not a cult (ie: not following a single man other than Jesus).

It all changed when I hear the term 'High Control Group' used to describe the WTS along with the term 'Cult'.

THEN it all made sense and shook me to my toes. When you read the marks of a Cult vs the marks of a High Control Group, they really are the same thing.

So yes, I have come to believe that the WTS is indeed a cult. And I use that word pretty freely now.

-Aude.

• minimus
    minimus

For some of us, it takes time to come to that realization.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I thought at first it was a good religion just not what i wanted. then thought it was a bad religion, hurtful but not a cult. NOW i know it is a cult a mind controlling bad bad cult that hurts a lot of people!

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

“If you are willing to shun a beloved family member or friend for leaving the group, or commit suicide for the group(blood doctrine) then you are most definitely controlled by the jw cult.

Actually, the blood doctrine can also be classified as murder when it involves parents witholding proper medical care from their children. Not as common in the US due to child protection laws, but still common in other parts of the world. In that case, you would be a worthless, piece of crap human being, in addition to being a jw cult member.”

You may have heard the statement, "There are no atheists in foxholes." This is an aphorism used to argue that a person will turn on their religious convictions upon impending threats to their life. I guess you could say the same thing about receiving a blood transfusion. That a person will turn on their religious convictions upon impending threats to their life. So, why do some people not receive one?

There's only one religion that teaches what only makes sense:

kc chap. 3 pp. 24-25 par. 10 What the Kingdom Means for Our Earth

No longer will large hospitals be needed to house the physically and mentally sick. Heart disease, cancer and other crippling illnesses will be eradicated, for the Master Physician, Jesus Christ, will apply the value of his ransom sacrifice “for the curing of the nations.” Jesus’ many miracles of healing and raising the dead, performed while he was on earth, are only a small indication of what he will accomplish by his powerful Kingdom rule. Even mankind’s inherited dying condition will be removed, for we are assured that “death will be no more.”—Revelation 21:4; 22:1, 2; Matthew 11:2-5; Mark 10:45; Romans 5:18, 19.

That a supreme being (mankind's creator) would restore humanity to its original perfect state makes more sense than people floating off to heaven or hell for the indefinite future of planet earth. Faith isn't at all based strictly on what a person reads.

Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld. For by means of this the men of old times had witness borne to them. Hebrews 11:1-2

There are people without spirituality that are thoroughly disconnected from God with no confidence in the resurrection hope but this is a result of an unwise personal decision.

As for you, beloved ones, call to mind the sayings that have been previously spoken by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, how they used to say to you: “In the last time there will be ridiculers, proceeding according to their own desires for ungodly things.” These are the ones that make separations, animalistic [men], not having spirituality. Jude 17-19

• wobble
    wobble

So you agree that you are trapped in a High Control Cult then Alice ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit