Instrucitons for using the toilet at the convention (pic)

by maninthemiddle 82 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There should be a sign in the stall.

Be sure to

flush twice.

It is a long way

to Bethel.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Mrs Jones, love your pix!!! That last guy is doing it "alpha-doggie" style...

Loosie - Love it!! "if you stole TP they would probably have that in the announcements before lunch: "Rememeber bros and sisters ( especially sisters) do not steal TP... Jah is watching you..."

• ziddina
    ziddina

"One year they put paper over the mirrors in the women's restroom..."

Not kidding at all. I don't know when that happened, but I can remember the same thing happening when I was a young adult JW - around 1972 - 73...

I thought it was one of the most insulting things I'd ever seen... If I remember correctly, someone had torn off part of the paper, and we were all crowding around that exposed area of mirror, trying to check our appearance [I was 18 and JW-man-shopping at the time...] in that small area of silvered glass...

I wish now I'd taken off ALL of the paper, marched out into the hallways with it and SLAMMED it into the nearest - and most obvious - trash bin!!

No wonder I'm out of this cult and 'worshipping' Goddesses, now...

Zid

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They were putting paper on the mirrors of the women's restrooms when I went to district assemblies at the Cow Palace in Daly City, Ca in the 80's. I don't recall seeing it done when the dc's were at the Oakland Coliseum during the 70's.

• ziddina
    ziddina

KurTheBethel...

rofl

• ziddina
    ziddina

Whoops!!! Mrs. Jones - Josie???

Was that the early 80's??? IN that case, I've got my dates mixed up... Must have been AFTER my divorce, not before my 1st marriage...

• zoiks
    zoiks

I wonder if the paper over the mirrors was a line-of-sight thing. Some of my design work is public spaces, and you wouldn't believe how careful we have to be with sight lines in restrooms - either a direct line of sight from the door to the toilets, or an indirect line of sight via mirrors is a BIG NO-NO. Pervs everywhere trying to catch glimpses, I suppose.

Or maybe they were just being assholes and assuming that the sisters would just hang around the mirrors all day.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

As a small child I remember going to the OC until 1979 when the wt had the international assembly at Candlestick in San Francisco. After that I remember going to the dc's at the Cow Palace. I was born in 1965 so I'm a child of the 60's, 70's and the early 80's.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Did they have a notice above the urinal stating how many times you should shake it?

"If you shake it more than three times...you're playing with yourself."

• zoiks
    zoiks

"If you shake it more than three times...you're playing with yourself."

Uh oh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit