Aren't You Embarrassed That YOU Ever Believed Any Of The Watchtower Bullsh*t?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Alice Rachel said: "Today Jehovah’s witnesses are as unpopular as Jesus was. He said it would be so. “You will be hated by all people on account of my name.” “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you.”

I find this interesting because Jesus said "you will be hated...on account of my name." The JW's apply this to themselves, which is strange since they avoid the use of Jesus' name as much as possible. Remember, they are Jehovah's Witnesses, not Jesus' Witnesses. Jesus plays a very small role, if any, in their belief structure. Since they disavow Jesus at every turn and pretend that he was Michael the Archangel, I don't think there's any legitimate way they can use the above scripture in their defense.

People don't hate the JWs because they follow Jesus. People hate the JWs because they understand that something is sick and twisted in this group and that it is a scam, pretending to be a Christian religion when really it's just a publishing house. If left to themselves, people can smell a rat on their own pretty easily and the WTS stinks to high heaven.

St. Ann

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Sometimes, I am embarrassed and ashamed on this board because so many of the rest of you figured it out before I did.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

It's SOOOO illogical. That's what gets to me!

Funny, not long ago I went out with a group from my Hall after the Sunday meeting for lunch and one brother made the comment that he couldn't understand why more people didn't accept the "Truth" because it was "so logical!"

HQ

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I was a born-in. I can clearly remember being very embarrassed and ashamed to be a JW from the time I was about 7. I don't think I even knew why I felt that way but I knew something was twisted and wrong. My father's family were not JWs. And my neighorhood and school friends were not JWs and I knew they were all good people and they didn't believe what the JWs taught. It's not a good way to feel as a young child. It warps and scars.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Embarrased to tell/admit to anyone that I used to be one..like its a dirty word..

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm not embarresd I was born in 52 information was hard to come by.

But I am mad.

Because I think it handicaped and retarded my growth.

And I have had to work to long and hard and suffered too much because of it.

And it has also hurt the ones I love.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I only became embarrassed in my late 20's funny enough. Before then I was quite proud to be a witness. I do remember at age 13 having doubts though and wanting nothing to do with it, but fear overtook and I became more zealous as it were. At 19 I again had doubts and wanted to give it away but my mum and brother talked me round. Few years later my brother gave it away ironically.

I am over 30 now and finally beginning to be free of the witness mentality. Because of being practically born into the religion, we never had much to do with both 'worldly' sides of the family. My parents, siblings and I were the ONLY witnesses on both sides, so you'd think it would be easy for me to fall away right? Wrong. Being a witness growing up hindered my relationship with my relatives because they just saw us as 'weird' so kept their distance.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I just feel so

What was I thinking.

• designs
    designs

When my kids were going through High School, the age when many JW kids get baptized, it proved the perfect time to ask them what they liked and didn't like about our Witness religion. Now they are adults and don't feel like they lost 10 years working for the Society's agenda.

• Deceived
    Deceived

I was born in so not embarrased for myself about that, I got away at 18 for 10 years. BUT I am embarrassed that I stupidly went back for 7 years when I was 28. My Mom convinced me the end was so near and I had to go back to save my babies. So I did and had the most miserable 7 years of my life and put my babies through Hell too.

I am embarrassed about that and when I tell people I did this (went back in) I see them roll their eyes. Its very obvious how vulnerable, easily led, and ignorant I really was then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit