Aren't You Embarrassed That YOU Ever Believed Any Of The Watchtower Bullsh*t?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I do think about that and I realize that I should've gotten out sooner. ( I stayed in longer for various reasons). But the last few years I KNEW it was bullsh*t! I knew it!!

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I'm more angry than embarassed. I was born-in so I didn't have a choice growing up, now I'm embarassed to still be somewhat "in" as I'm fading, but I hope to get that part sorted out soon.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm a born-in but I became more embarassed about it the older I got. I hardly told anyone about it when I was in high school.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Definitely embarrassed. At least I have the excuse that I was raised in the BS.

• minimus
    minimus

It's SOOOO illogical. That's what gets to me!

• heathen
    heathen

I was always one to argue over the BS but basically felt they were on the right track . I know the other religions are soooooo full of it on everything including who christ really was . I still have to believe them on some stuff since it's the only thing that makes sense from scripture , so I'm not ashamed of it . They can, however, try to convince you of an opinion as doctrine which I would call them on it . They can be very rude and insulting whenever I did ,As if they felt the need to crap on someone that disagreed . They are a very strange people .

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Years ago on yahoochat a jw once told me that logic wasn't all that.

• blondie
    blondie

I stayed so long because I filtered out a lot but didn't run around advertising it. Part of the problem is that most jws don't know their history, haven't read older books. Before 1993 when the Proclaimers book was printed there was part of WT history in the 1975 yearbook and before that the 1959 Divine Purpose book (what a joke that is). When I read the Finished Mystery book I started thinking and asking discreet questions. When I got my first computer and internet access, the light truly dawned.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I try not to be embarrassed about it because that indicates that I was at fault, or weak, or stupid, or any number of other failings simply for falling prey to a cult that uses psychological mind control techniques at an early age. And if I was at fault, week, stupid, etc. then so are the people I love who are still prey to the cult. I do not wish to think that of them (though it is undoubtedly true of some) but prefer to think all of us, and all of them, are simply victims, captives to false ideas and coerced into accepting them as "the truth."

There is no hope for the stupid but education and information is a potential cure for the ignorant.

• minimus
    minimus

I'll tellya: I feel embarrassed for those like my mom and other Witnesses who cling to the beliefs in spite of anything irrational.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit