What "invisible" persons do you actually firmly believe in?? (and Why?)

by Terry 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

Does an ant believe a human exists? Or does it just see a huge tennis shoe and wonder what it is according to the limitations of ants conscienceness.

Mil

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

The Evolution of God by Robert Wright provides a naturalistic explanation for the idea of the existence of invisible beings.

http://www.evolutionofgod.net/excerpts_afterword/

By the Way, What Is God?

In this book I’ve used the word “god” in two senses. First, there are the gods that have populated human history—rain gods, war gods, creator gods, all-purpose gods (such as the Abrahamic god), and so on. These gods exist in people’s heads and, presumably, nowhere else.

A supernatural explanation: all of the polytheistic deities/ religions map to an ancient civilization.

it-1 p. 237 Babylon

Religion. Babylon was a most religious place. Evidence from excavations and from ancient texts points to the existence of more than 50 temples. The principal god of the imperial city was Marduk, called Merodach in the Bible. It has been suggested that Nimrod was deified as Marduk, but the opinions of scholars as to identifications of gods with specific humans vary. Triads of deities were also prominent in the Babylonian religion. One of these, made up of two gods and a goddess, was Sin (the moon-god), Shamash (the sun-god), and Ishtar; these were said to be the rulers of the zodiac. And still another triad was composed of the devils Labartu, Labasu, and Akhkhazu. Idolatry was everywhere in evidence. Babylon was indeed “a land of graven images,” filthy “dungy idols.”—Jer 50:1, 2, 38.

The Babylonians believed in the immortality of the human soul.—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, by M. Jastrow, Jr., 1898, p. 556.

The Babylonians developed astrology in an effort to discover man’s future in the stars. (See ASTROLOGERS.) Magic, sorcery, and astrology played a prominent part in their religion. (Isa 47:12, 13; Da 2:27; 4:7) Many heavenly bodies, for example, planets, were named after Babylonian gods. Divination continued to be a basic component of Babylonian religion in the days of Nebuchadnezzar, who used it to reach decisions.—Eze 21:20-22.

Israel’s Age-Old Enemy. The Bible makes many references to Babylon, beginning with the Genesis account of the original city of Babel. (Ge 10:10; 11:1-9)
    -----------------------------------

The numerous names for these deities in ancient Babylon represented spirit beings, but not from the true God's inner circle or anywhere else in his domain. Technically, the deities do exist and the names and idols demons (fallen angels) assigned to themselves when they initiated religion in Babylon through mediumistic rituals between these spirits and living people was to make their existence more tangible so people could worship them.

When the original language in Babylon was confused by God, Babylonians took their spiritistic practices with them and formed polytheistic religious cultures in various regions, some of which exist today. I believe in the supernatural explanation and in the spirit realm. Although spiritually I'm weak at this time, I've obtained tangible evidence for God. I've never gone in this direction, but tangible evidence for evil spirits is obtained through occult channels, ideally Black Magic (the Dark Arts).

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Alice, you already posted this cut-and-paste a couple weeks ago in a different thread, ya numbnuts.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I believe in the ability for Alice to express an original thought - even though such a concept is at present invisible.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"I believe in the ability for Alice to express an original thought - even though such a concept is at present invisible."

I made plenty of my own statements. I already referenced one person that chose to rewrite history and invent an alternate version of reality. What's your “original” position?

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

My original position is this: extreme boredom's new definition = wasting anymore moments posting to someone who stays up on the internet in Houston Tx at 1:30am, who at the same time has no ability to articulate a coherent thought. I want my 5 minutes back (the time it took me to read through a few of your posts until I realized how Batsh**t Crazy you are).

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I live with an invisible person. I don't know who she is, or where she comes from, but I have found her clothes in the bottom of my wardrobe, and some photos in one of my cupboard drawers. I have never seen her, and the only indication that she has been around is some lipstick stained tissue I find in the wastepaper bin. It's very mysterious and slightly puzzling...

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

“My original position is this: extreme boredom's new definition = wasting anymore moments posting to someone who stays up on the internet in Houston Tx at 1:30am, who at the same time has no ability to articulate a coherent thought. I want my 5 minutes back (the time it took me to read through a few of your posts until I realized how Batsh**t Crazy you are).”

Even if I could return your time I would have to decline. I ask ONE question and this of course reveals that you can't follow any of the logic involved and for some sad, strange reason think that spouting non-related gibberish will cover up the obvious. Suggestion: Try turning off the computer, get a handle on some version of reality even if it just tickles the ears, get back to me and relay your new found thinking. Can you handle that?

• JWoods
    JWoods

The above exchange just goes to show the ultimate danger of disrespecting the beer fairy.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I believe in the 'Invisible Man' great TV show, Outlaws Beer Fairy looks rather inviting tho...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit