What "invisible" persons do you actually firmly believe in?? (and Why?)

by Terry 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

In my own personal World of Gin, I sometimes see people that don't exist...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    But not as sexy as the beer fairy.

JWoods....I'd hit that......with my flyswatter. lol

• undercover
    undercover
    I'd hit that......with my flyswatter.

LOL... I may have to give that my "Post of the Day" award...

• JWoods
    JWoods

I think I am saving the beer fairy for future use on the Ferrari board.

• undercover
    undercover

I dunno...

Sumthin 'bout that beer fairy.... she just doesn't do it for me...

Maybe after 3 or 4 beers...

• sabastious
    sabastious

I don't believe in invisible beings.

I do believe in Currently Indetectable beings though. There must be other stuff out there that is indetectable to humans. Just like sarcasm is indetectable for insects.

Bad example, but I tried.

-Sab

• Titus
    Titus

Leo, isn't that OldTimeJeff?

Not that old one, but the younger one...?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I believe in the boogy man.

He does visualize to some people.

• dandingus
    dandingus

Leo, I personally agree with you that Michio is awesome! Don't know about "sexy" though. I am a straight guy afterall. But I really like his books (I have Hyperspace, Beyond Einstein, and Physics of the Impossible) and think he's a great author and just an all around really neat guy.

As for the thread question, I'm kind of undecided. I agree with sabastious to a large extent that there may be other kinds of life in existence, but that doesn't necessarily mean that those life forms are "invisible". But then again, they may be?!

I think I've said this before, but my philosophy regarding most "invisible" beings (including god) is that I cannot prove that they exist, but neither can I prove that they do not exist. I can choose to believe one way or another, but I cannot PROVE it. And so while I personally leave open the possibility of their existence, I reserve a rather large dose of skepticism.

Maybe that doesn't make me a good candidate to even respond to this thread? Because you were looking for people who "actually firmly believe in" invisible persons, and I don't. I wanted to reply to what Leolaia said, but I thought it was rude to not even acknowledge the thread's purpose when I posted. So please excuse me if my answer is not a satisfactory fulfillment of your request.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Anyone watching "Through the Wormhole" with Morgan Freeman. Awesome show for science technology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit