Peevish Stuff

by snowbird 130 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Coffee, I think that's just how younguns talk nowadays!

I can't understand half of what my g'kids say.

Syl

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I know Sylvia... but it still drives me nuts! My grandkids don't talk like that... at least around me

Coffee

• snowbird
    snowbird

I know, honey, I do know.

It's getting to the point where I can hardly stand them!

Syl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My husband's aunt loved to hear my daughter talk because as she put it "Jocelyn talks so proper".

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's what it's called down here, Josie - talkin' proper!

A lady at my g'daughter's day care once told me, "She talks proper, just like you!'

LOL.

Syl

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

KaKa

• snowbird
    snowbird

Caca, Quirky.

With your old, nasty self!

Syl

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I always say "Hooked on phonics" didn't work for me. I type phonetically and if it sounds right that's what I type. I notice afterwards the typos, ie, to instead of too, they're instead of their or there, or instead of our, and so on and so forth. Spell check doesn't work if you spelled it right.

As far as malaproprisms do you remember:

Oswald Bates - Damon Wayans plays an eloquent prison inmate whose vocabulary is full ofmalapropisms, more often than not misusing anatomical terms and words for bodily functions. "Unfortunately, we could not impregnate everyone. It is simply beyond our colonic threshold." "I believe it was Plato...No, excuse me, I mean Play-Doh...who stuck to the wall when he said one must not put one's transvestite in jeopardy if one is to become a cunning linguist".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6868F53rgKw

• nelly136
    nelly136

syl thats ...'tween you me and the gatepost, btw.

• MsDucky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit