Peevish Stuff

by snowbird 130 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a pet peeve and I think I'm the only one with this peeve. It's kinda complicated but if you've ever heard of a spouse leaving their spouse for someone of the same sex why do folks say that for example the wife is leaving her husband for another woman? Shouldn't it be the wife is leaving her husband for a woman. I mean the husband is a man not a woman so how could the wife leave her husband for another woman? It could be said the wife is leaving her husband for another person but to say another woman is silly.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Than and then - than is used in comparisons.

She has better grammar than I do but then who cares - I'm not a writer.

I ain't got more

• snowbird
    snowbird

Something to think about, Josie.

And, vice-versa.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at Hadit.

Syl

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

sHiT

• snowbird
    snowbird

Quirky!!!

You know how much I hate that word!

One day, I may tell you why, but only if you cease and desist using it.

Syl

• TD
    TD

"This" and "That"

"This" indicates something close at hand; "That" indicates something removed from the speaker either in space or time

--If Jesus had meant a generation far removed from the immediate frame of reference he would have said "That" generation just like Exodus 1:6 does in the LXX

• snowbird
    snowbird
    --If Jesus had meant a generation far removed from the local frame of reference he would have said "That" generation just like Exodus 1:6 does in the LXX

Amen.

I never believe He meant some far-off generation, notwithstanding the fact that we have no record of first century celestial phenomena that He described.

Syl

• nelly136
    nelly136

the wife is leaving her husband for another woman? ...spose that depends on how many she's had? jonesy :)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Anyways...instead of anyway.

It is actually in the dictionary now....

Not picky about wrong spellings/punctuations unless they are really fowl/ foul...

Facebook spellings scare me!!!

RURTG? What tha?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit