A Question To All on this Board

by kes152 63 Replies latest jw friends

• kes152
    kes152

Hello,

I have been reading this board for some time and would like to ask: Why you come here and post? What do you all hope to accomplish by being here?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why do you ask?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Judging by the ads that keep popping up, I'd say I'm here to date goths.

• yknot
    yknot

.....personally....

It allows me to detox from all the koolaid I ingest each week!

....in the process...

I sometimes can help others by sharing my experience and letting them know they are not alone.

.....also......

Many of our posters are darn funny and enjoyable to read and interact with.... I learn new stuff too!

Is there anything we can do for you today?

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Keeps me from not taking myself too seriously, is an antidote to absolutist thinking that consumed me for 25 years, helps me see I am not alone in my fade and I look forward to Outlaws graphic appraisals and stellar minamalist use of words...

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's fun.

• tec
    tec

I no longer need it because I'm worried in the least about having made a wrong choice in not joining JW's, but :

1)I can discuss and share my faith...

2) and without the normal eye-rolling or annoying looks that usually come when I try and discuss my faith at home- or at least I can't see the looks on here:)

3) I have come to care about the people here, and I am interested in their lives.

4) I hope that by sharing my thoughts and views, I can help someone else - even if that is just to give them another viewpoint to broaden their perspective.

5) I learn a great deal - about my faith, about others' faith, and about the world in general and the people in it.

6) This site can also be really funny at times. I can use that in my life. Can't we all?

Hope that helps answer your question,

Tammy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was doing the overdue research on the internet about the WTS. Typically, I went through a bunch of sites and freeminds.org led me here through "Talk Soup." I read for awhile and posted finally on a thread about Bethel layoffs.

After that, I had exhausted reading other sites and kept coming back for the group of people that would understand why we are the way we are.

Example: When I had freshly discovered that WTS was a dangerous mind-control cult, I confided in my never-a-JW father. He said, "Then stop going." Even though that is really the best advice and should be followed, he really could not understand why I said it would take some time to stop going. People on the forum get it, though. They prod you to move toward stopping meeting attendance, but they know why you don't do it sudden cold-turkey.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I have come here to learn the truth. Ironic as that sounds.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

This is a great resource for updated news and gossip. I find that I can get more direct information about what the JWs believe and do now than I can from the WT CD. This is a great place to visit, and with only a few exceptions, everyone is friendly, helpful, and eager to share what they know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit