A Question To All on this Board

by kes152 63 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Discussing a shared experience with others who have been through it. I had already been out for ten years or so when I found this place.

What do I want to accomplish? Well, if taking over the universe is off the table I guess I will settle for enjoying good company.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I post here because I get 10 free Travel Rewards Points for each post.

By next year, I should have enough saved up to travel to the District Convention.

Rub a Dub

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I'm keep hoping that I will some indication that the WTS is losing its strength--hoping that I could some day get my daughter back from the cult.

Though it's not looking too promising, it helps to know that there are other people in the same situation and that I just need to be happy with the blessings that I have and not unhappy about what I don't have.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I come here because I am affected by the JW's every day (I work with my Dad and Grandmother). I want to keep up the the ever changing beliefs and doctrine's so I can talk to my family that is still in and I can be informed of what is going on. Most of the time I am ahead of them in what is going on.

elder-schmelder

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I joined to find support and research, and through the process I am learning lots of interesting ideas from people with different beliefs.

kes152 - Looks like you've been gone for awhile, welcome back! The overlapping generation got me wondering if the Governing Body was really directed by Holy Spirit because it keeps changing, so I looked on here and found out that I wasn't the only one who thought it was a bit of a stretch.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I 'm with some of the others, dear kes152 (and the greatest of love and peace to you!). Why do YOU come here... and where you been (it's been awhile, yes?)? I'll tell you... if you tell me... and that sort of thing...

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Cuz I almost became one of them.

• exwhyzee
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Similar to Aussie Oz, I found this place via Freeminds. I started out lurking, to learn more about my wife's religion from an outsider's point of view and how they look at marriage and divorce when she first threatened to take the kids and leave. The information about custody cases was chilling, but also helpful in heading off a nasty custody fight and getting to a place where we can cooperate on the parenting, instead of fighting about it.

I stay because there are many smart, like-minded people to interact with, because it's a place where good support can be given as well as received, because it's a place to vent when that's necessary, because it's a place where expressing your opinions and thoughts is not only allowed but also encouraged, and because here you can disagree with somebody without having to hate them.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I'm here for support :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit