I feel so alone within Jw's

by XPeterX 85 Replies latest jw experiences

• White Dove
    White Dove

XPeterX,

I was a born in JW and never ever had close JW friends. I was plenty friendly, but they didn't want my friendship. I was always trying to be a good JW, so maybe they were living double lives that I would not fit into.

I was the loneliest person in the khall.

I was always able to make non-JW friends, though.

That's telling, in a way.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

68; I'm just giving him a reality check, he needs to wake up a little

• thraxer68
    thraxer68

You may have good intentions, but you might want to be a little more sensitive. Reality checks are a good thing............to people who can handle them, IDK, I just know how bad this stuff can get so I try to be careful with what I say because I dont know if this kid is majorly depressed or just feeling a little down. If its the latter, a comment like that is far from helpful, thats just my two cents....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

BlackSheep, I have never needed any meds. Sorry. You seem pretty sane, so I would not assume you ever needed any either.

• thraxer68
    thraxer68

Oops, not the latter, the earlier, thats what I meant, not the latter of the two...

• changeling
    changeling

I don't think this one's a troll, and if he is, he's not an annoying one.

Anyhooo... Peter: making friends is not always easy. Your problems may not be JW related, as many people had lots of friends when they were active witnesses. Of course, it may depend on the congregation you attend...

You may want to speak to a counselor about some of the issues you've mentioned on this board, maybe they can suggest some things you can do to round out your personality and improve your social skills. You're a young man, just starting out. Get the skills you need now (education, social...) and your future will be bright. :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    You seem pretty sane ........

I remembered my meds

Cheers

Chris

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Actually I do need my coffee in the morning! LOL

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I'm sorry you feel that way XPeterX, I've been feeling lonely at the hall for 10 years and was sticking it out, hoping my prayers would be answered too.

When I was a teen, my friends stopped hanging out with me because they were leaving the organization and getting into trouble and didn't want to involve me.

As a young adult, unless you're "in" with the social clique, you don't have much chance for any invites if you're in an unsocial hall like mine. Growing up we'd have dances and picnics, but that all stopped when some elders got too carried away imposing rules. The fun stopped...no "decades" or dress up parties, etc.

Being an adult can be a difficult time. Your good friends could have moved away, or you have different interests and priorities and just drift apart. Finding new friends can be easy though, just join a community group or program like a hiking or run club (whatever you're interested in), and you'll make new friends in no time.

If you still believe in God, I would also recommend reading the Bible. I have found more comfort in the scriptures now than ever before. And I've found new Christian friends that I can talk about faith with who don't judge my ideas.

• BANE
    BANE

If you donĀ“t feel like you have friends then WATCH the young people ask DVD. How do I make friends? It has got some great pointers. I have been to MANY halls and always walked away with good friends. People that LOVE the truth, will love you. These apostates here do not love you. Nor God anymore. They are false friends like Job had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit