PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT- CULTURE

by serenitynow! 113 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

(**tears face off agonus and chews on it in the safety of his cage **)

• agonus
    agonus

Agonus grabs feces, does a head fake, hurls it back into cage... GOOOOOOOOAL!!!

• agonus
    agonus

Agonus, ashamed at having pissed everyone off, goes to his corner to sit and reflect. He draws a pretty picture for everyone. Here it is:

Now everyone play nice. Wrap yourselves in Jehovah's rainbow and be all the colors of the spectrum.

• beksbks
    beksbks

That's a beautiful red X Agonus. You're a good boy.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Agonus,

You suck as an artist. Find another hobby (I sure hope it's a hobby)

• agonus
    agonus

Fascinating piece of trivia: I just did a search on the cartoon I mentioned and discover that two of the voice actresses were "Ruby Dandridge" and "Vivian Dandridge". Apparently they were in the same family as Dorothy "Carmen Jones" Dandridge. And then of course there's Merle "Alyx Vance" Dandridge (don't know if they're related, but I wouldn't be surprised). So we go from stereotype Mammy to empowered Carmen Jones to ass-kicking Alyx Vance - apparently all in one family.

Well, maybe we have come a long way...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Agonus, you are a mess. I mean that in a totally good way. Im with you on the voodoo thing. In nursing school they made up do this online cultural course. In the course under the black people part it mentioned that blacks may be into voodoo! I was so freakin' pissed. i was a JW and so were all the black people i knew. i'm sure disney didnt get the story completely right. i'm still glad to have princess tiana.

• agonus
    agonus

Thank you my dear, though I have a feeling more than a few people will be sticking pins into their Gordon Freeman action figures after this thread. Sounds like you get me, though. Not everything we think about each other is true, of course, but, then, neither is all of it false. For example, I can't dance worth a shit... not even waltz. "Waltzing" is what "our people" call dancing, in case you didn't know. Perhaps you've seen it in, say, movies featuring those pretentious and boring Victorians. I guess it is actually sort of beautiful in a sad, desperate, and very non-ethnic way...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

John doe of course its a double standard! Thats part of the joke. The world is full of double standards. Life aint fair, who told you it was?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I fail to see how this thread is a “Public Service Announcement” – perhaps it was said tongue in cheek, I don’t know.

American blacks seem to think they have the monopoly on discrimination and a suckky life. I had a black American bf who used to go on about discrimination until I said, “and you’re speaking to a fat female who used to be a JW, and you think I don’t know anything about discrimination????

People are discriminatory towards you regardless of your skin colour. I think it’s too easy to blame it on being “black” (although we’re all black if you go back far enough) when it’s because people are jerks in real life, intentionally or otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit