PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT- CULTURE

by serenitynow! 113 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Paul, ya gotta ask first. We put alot of time, effort and money into our hair. Don't get me started on the relaxers and the hotcombs- when I complained as a child, my mom would say, "honey it hurts to be beautiful." Now if you were my bf and paying for my hair, then you would have privileges. You could touch it, maybe even pull it a little...

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"Yeah, I would not do that. I consider that rude, tasteless, and just low."

I agree, just as I would not call someone n****r. I find the term very very distasteful and hurtful. Surprisingly though I'll call people almost everything else and not bat an eye.

Look, I get what you mean but you came off a little preachy to me in the initial post. I'm sorry. We cool now?

• shamus100
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Chill out monkey.

• shamus100
  • changeling
    changeling

About hair: My sister in law is a school teacher. Her first job was in an elementary school in a black neighborhood in East Baton Rouge parish. She is white and had long, straight hair at the time. At recess, the favorite thing to do for the little girls in her class was to brush her hair. They had never touched a white person's hair before and were fascinated by it. She would just sit at her desk doing paperwork and let the little girls play.

I think we are all intrigued by anything "different". Perhaps when someone of a different ethnicity has tried to touch your hair it was a way of admiring it. I get that if you've spent a lot of time and money on a style you don't want it messed up, but I don;t think the intent of the "toucher" was to offend.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

AAWWW come on monkey. There's no need for that kinda language.

• shamus100
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

That's much better monkey. I'm so proud of you. Your growing up into the monkey that I always knew you would. (brushing back tear)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit