The next dub that says "the light's getting brighter" to me...

by undercover 88 Replies latest jw friends

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"...However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him."---Deuteronomy 18:20-22

Quoting from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures I see; interesting. As I have also pointed out on other threads: The Law Covenant which Israel broke was replaced with a New Covenant in 33 C.E. and that brings us back to what I a fore mentioned in Matthew 7:15-20.

New Covenant. Jehovah foretold the new covenant by the prophet Jeremiah in the seventh century B.C.E., stating that it would not be like the Law covenant, which Israel broke. (Jer 31:31-34) On the night before his death, Nisan 14, 33 C.E., when he established the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal, Jesus Christ announced the new covenant, to be validated by his sacrifice. (Lu 22:20) On the 50th day from his resurrection and 10 days after he had ascended to his Father, he poured out the holy spirit, which he had received from Jehovah, on his disciples gathered in an upper room in Jerusalem.—Ac 2:1-4, 17, 33; 2Co 3:6, 8, 9; Heb 2:3, 4.

Obstinate men and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, you are always resisting the holy spirit; as your forefathers did, so you do. Which one of the prophets did your forefathers not persecute? Yes, they killed those who made announcement in advance concerning the coming of the righteous One, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become, you who received the Law as transmitted by angels but have not kept it.” Acts 7:51-53

Being under the direction of God's Spirit is not the same as direct communication from a supernatural source that took place in ancient Israel. Direct communication from celestial beings is infallible.

You have all of this profound insight you learned as one of Jehovah's Witnesses; Questions answered and things you would have never learned anywhere else.

• exwhyzee
  • alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"...sincerity alone does not purify someone of wrong teachings..."---- Awake! February 2006 p. 13

g 2/06 p. 13 Pilgrims and Puritans—Who Were They?

The Puritans were often hardworking, courageous, and devoted to their religion. People still speak of “Puritan character” and “Puritan honesty.” But sincerity alone does not purify someone of wrong teachings. The mixing of politics and religion is something that Jesus Christ avoided. (John 6:15; 18:36) And brutality is a contradiction of this vital truth: “He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.”—1 John 4:8.

Nice quote mining. From the context of the Awake! article you cited the context should make it obvious that some believe they're sincere when they are really not and a heart of wisdom is instrumental to unlocking Bible truths.

• Gerard
  • alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Gerard, you believe I'm in wonderland? Google “Salem witch trials.”

The Puritans believed in the existence of an invisible world inhabited by God and the angels including the Devil (who was seen as a fallen angel) and his fellow demons. To Puritans, this invisible world was as real as the visible one around them. Real or unreal, they were fanatical and went to violent extremes. They were "sincere" but not wise or practical:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20021015/article_02.htm

Belief that people could be possessed by the Devil or his demons soon gave rise to a collective paranoia—a hysterical fear of sorcery and witchcraft. From the 13th to the 17th century, fear of witches swept across Europe and reached North America with the European colonists. Even the Protestant reformers Martin Luther and John Calvin approved of witch-hunts. In Europe witch trials based on mere rumor or malicious denunciations were conducted by both the Inquisition and secular courts. Torture was commonly used to extort confessions of "guilt."

Those found guilty could be sentenced to death either by burning or, in England and Scotland, by hanging. As to the number of victims, The World Book Encyclopedia states: "From 1484 to 1782, according to some historians, the Christian church put to death about 300,000 women for witchcraft." If Satan was behind this medieval tragedy, who were his instruments—the victims or their fanatic religious persecutors?

Would you elect these European colonists as your local representative?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Would you elect these European colonists as your local representative?

..... and that has something to do with the WTs light getting brighter???????

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"..... and that has something to do with the WTs light getting brighter???????"

NO .....and neither does the cartoon image I responded to have anything to do with the WTS light getting brighter.

• agonus
    agonus

Alice dear...

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

What color does the Invisible Pink Unicorn paint her royal hooves?

I don't know about you, but I can't digest the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Alice dear...

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

What color does the Invisible Pink Unicorn paint her royal hooves?

I don't know about you, but I can't digest the Flying Spaghetti Monster..."

agonus, These are questions that are likewise applicable to Mary, as she has yet to admit whether the Bible is the word of God or the word of man. Until further notice, some ex-Jehovah's Witnesses I've come across here, are the most duplicitous characters....hiding their religious beliefs is a given. An exposé would reveal the lowest form of hypocrisy.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Go away, Ice Queen.

You can come back when you are prepared to join the human race.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit