The next dub that says "the light's getting brighter" to me...

by undercover 88 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Some CFLs are marketed as "instant on" and have no noticeable warm-up period, [ 30 ] but others can take up to a minute to reach full brightness, [ 31 ] "

Okay knock, knock. You almost had me, but according to wikipedia the light does max out in turns of brightness, it's not light that gets brighter indefinitely.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Agonus That bugs me to no end. They act like "oh that's what I thought anyway." It is so irritating. That they went along with something they didn't agree on makes them feel humble and that they "waited on Jehovah".

• flipper
    flipper

UNDERCOVER- I agree, I'm totally frustrated with this " generation overlap " crap too. I'll go one step further, not ONLY is the light bulb burned out the bulb's lying in pieces broken on the floor waiting to cut the feet of JW's future's who believe in it and walk on it ! How in the world they can use Joseph's brothers all being one generation- and then applying it to various age groups of DIFFERENT generations- is beyond me. I can't wait until one of my still in JW family tries to explain this to me. I will have to debate them on this one. I won't be able to stay silent

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My Dub relative's response when I tried to debate this topic: "I don't care what they say anyway."

This same Dub insists on calling the religion "the truth" and fearing for my life at the hands of their loving genocidal God at Armageddon. It is SO HARD to get through the mind control because there's a dissonance-reducing answer for everything.

• Mary
    Mary
    undercover asked: How can you take such a simple explanation of a simple statement and turn into something so convoluted that you have to pull shit outa your ass to explain it and yet have your followers say, "I see...the light's getting brighter"...

Makes ya wonder eh?? I thought it appropriate to get out Ol' Faithful for this one!

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Oh goodie. The militant ex-Jehovah's Witness Mary is back for some meaningful theological discussions. Big deal, religious satirical propaganda is all over the internet....

• Mary
    Mary

Alice darling, have you not taken your medication yet today? Tsk, tsk, tsk........

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Well Barbie er “Mary” it's obvious no “outsiders” can provoke a free thought in your head as everyone who doesn't conform to your system of thought is brainwashed although you for ever reason refuse to completely come clean with whatever it is your beliefs are. It's very likely your beliefs are no different than the cotton candy dreams you accuse others of wasting their time on. You have a bullyish nature about you, thinking you know it all and denouncing anyone who is not of your belief as below you and not worth wasting your precious time on. People should be able to discuss their beliefs and understand why they believe with others if they really believe the way they claim they do. There's a very few people here that can have a sound discussion without perceiving logic whether it be scientific evidence or otherwise as choking down on battery acid.

This here;

Has matter/energy always existed?

focusing on the existence of God received about 500 posts:

Here this received 2 posts and very few hits:

The Existence of God

Deep down inside people know what they're doing. Mind control cult??? I don't think so. I'm almost completely convinced most apostates have truely said in their heart; “curse God and die.” They mean it to.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Mary.....pay not mind to AIW aka Naughty Rachel.....she has used that same line before....nothing new.

If anyone really wants to do something about it.......ignore.......once we figured her issues on another site......we did just that...and she stopped.

I've known a couple of people who exhibit the same exact behavior. It's called Bi Polar with Rageaholic tendencies. She is also toxically loved starved......emotionally and mentally stunted....sad actually.....

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Mary.....pay not mind to AIW aka Naughty Rachel.....she has used that same line before....nothing new.

If anyone really wants to do something about it.......ignore.......once we figured her issues on another site......we did just that...and she stopped.

I've known a couple of people who exhibit the same exact behavior. It's called Bi Polar with Rageaholic tendencies. She is also toxically loved starved......emotionally and mentally stunted....sad actually....."

The forum's invitation:

"The place to discuss anything relating to Jehovah's Witnesses and the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society... or just make new friends!"

Translation: The place to trash the name of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society... and make enemies if you interfere!

If I chime in here it's with dagger in hand. To be honest I don't want “replies.” It's “responses” that caused me to suspend any empathy or emotion if I log on here. Last thread I read some people were disappointed because an arsonist didn't succeed in burning down a Kingdom Hall. When it comes to me just read like a lurker, or don't. But no need to respond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit