The next dub that says "the light's getting brighter" to me...

by undercover 88 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

...is going to get his punched out.

Yes, friends, this is another thread about the latest generation teaching. So, if you're sick to death of it, leave now, save yourselves...

Anyhoo... as the WTS has now unleashed on the world the true explanation of generation and what it means for those of us in this time of the end, dubs who accept without question this teaching are 'oohing' and 'ahhing' as the new explanation 'makes so much sense now'.

It does?

How much more simple can you get than, "The generation that was live in 1914 will live to see the start of Armageddon" or even better, "The generation of 1914 will not pass away"?

Yet, now it's not just the generation of 1914, it's an overlapping generation. It has to be explained in detail, with reference back to the Old Testament and the "historical" examples of Joseph and his brothers, just how generations can overlap and yet we're still in the time of the end. And then they go to the trouble of comparing birth years of members of the GB, which on the surface should smack everyone in the head how wrong the previous explanation was, but instead it somehow reinforces that because one old fart was still alive when a younger old fart was born, then we're still in the time of the end? What?

The light obviously has not gotten brighter. It's getting dimmer. More like, the damn bulb's burnt out.

How can you take such a simple explanation of a simple statement and turn into something so convoluted that you have to pull shit outa your ass to explain it and yet have your followers say, "I see...the light's getting brighter"...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I know it's sickening. But of course I used to say it too. Also the less popular but no less irritating, "keeping up with Jehovah's chariot."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What's really pathetic is that it took "Jehovah's chariotlike organization" 15 years since the last flicker of "light" to come up with this shit.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's an attempt - albeit lame - to show that they were not wrong about the "generation that saw the events of 1914 not passing away."

They've caught so much flak for abandoning that bold assertion!

Truth be told, it's almost a reversion to apostolic succession!

Tee hee hee.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave ...

Syl

• blondie
    blondie

It seems more like the Emperor's New Clothes...no one wants to admit they don't see it.

A story by Hans Christian Andersen. An emperor hires two tailors who promise to make him a set of remarkable new clothes that will be invisible to anyone who is either incompetent or stupid. When the emperor goes to see his new clothes, he sees nothing at all — for the tailors are swindlers and there aren't any clothes. Afraid of being judged incompetent or stupid, the emperor pretends to be delighted with the new clothes and “wears” them in a grand parade through the town. Everyone else also pretends to see them, until a child yells out, “He hasn't got any clothes on!”

• People who point out the emptiness of the pretensions of powerful people and institutions are often compared to the child who says that the emperor has no clothes.
  • St George of England
    St George of England
    How can you take such a simple explanation of a simple statement and turn into something so convoluted that you have to pull shit outa your ass to explain it and yet have your followers say, "I see...the light's getting brighter"...

"Come be my Follower" Chapter 5, Page 46: (Speaking of Jesus giving his Sermon on the Mount)

"His message is straightforward, his wording simple, his meaning clear."

So the WTS has to complicate it in order to fit their 1914 doctrine!

George

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@UC!!..

"The light is getting brighter"..That is so frigg`n annoying..

If the light is getting brighter..

Why are Jehovah`s Witness`s "Stuck on Stupid?"?..

LOL!!..

Any Jehovah`s Witness who accepts the WBT$ definition of Generation..

Deserves no sympathy..

They deserve to be told they are Idiots..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Titus
    Titus

"The number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is increasing, and that evidence proves that we are living in the last days of this ungodly world, because it cannot increase infinite (more than 144,000). Evidently, those anointed who knew the anointed who saw the begining of the sign 1914, also knew the anointed who will see the begining of the great tribulation." (w2085 4/15)

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

The WTBS has made me HATE the word "evidently"! That is almost as bad as the light getting brighter.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    A story by Hans Christian Andersen

Great old song from the 50's by Danny Kaye! Used to be on 'Children's Choice' every Saturday morning.

George

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit