Why not make a true religion?

by frigginconfused 103 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The principles of Unitarianism:

• The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
  • Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
  • Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
  • A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
  • The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
  • The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all;
  • Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
  • How Unitarians look at the Bible: "We do not, however, hold the Bible - or any other account of human experience - to be either an infallible guide or the exclusive source of truth. Much biblical material is mythical or legendary. Not that it should be discarded for that reason! Rather, it should be treasured for what it is. We believe that we should read the Bible as we read other books - with imagination and a critical eye. We also respect the sacred literature of other religions. Contemporary works of science, art, and social commentary are valued as well. We hold, in the words of an old liberal formulation, that "revelation is not sealed." Unitarian Universalists aspire to truth as wide as the world - we look to find truth anywhere, universally."

Sound good?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Instead of going on the attack and saying I was showing hubris, maby you should take the time to figure out what Im trying to say.

Instead of saying how smart you are and you've got this figured out, just say it.

The whole point of this thread is to figure out why there is no true religion and if so how can one be started.

You have had that answered many times. What is "true"? See also "how long is a piece of string"...

We as humans dont do well alone

Some of us do.

There is a real need for a group of people that are organized in searching for the truth just as the WTS founders did.

Says who? What truth?

• Scully
    Scully

who says that a true religion has to be based on the bible?

Why not make one based on Star Trek or Major League Baseball or the Montreal Canadiens?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Or The Big Lebowski. Seriously, go to dudeism.com.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I already have many followers, loves.

Join my religion. Send money!

• Scully
    Scully

shamus is like the Pied friggin' Piper.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Scully,

I insist you come to the zoo and give me the ceremonial bathing. I shall also require one virgin, love.

• Scully
    Scully

oh riiiighhhhhttt

you makin' a nurse joke, monkey boy??!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

(mmmm... bacon!)

~~~

The true religion would be based on questions, not answers.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh love...

Don't get angry at your savior. I know at first it's easy to get upset, but you must learn to give yourself over to me.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit