Why not make a true religion?

by frigginconfused 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You will only ever manage to make another 'true religion'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think most of us here don't believe there is a "true religion".

I don't even believe in a vengeful God or any type of God that requires you to know the right answers to a bible quiz to get everlasting life. This "true religion" thing is something taught by the WT and designed to keep you captive to them,, and I'm sure that any religion that claims to be the "true one" does so to recruit and keep members from straying from under their control.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

nope unitarian is close. But I beleive we were meant to live on earth forever. It seems like the JW's have most of it right. So why not fix them instead of starting over.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

If we fix them, then they won't have any more JW babies. Wait...

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Why is it so hard for people to think there can be a true religion. One that is based on love ane strengthening the bond with God and our fellow man. Non judgemental and free?

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I would love to see your checklist implemented. I would also add baptizing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...not "spirit-directed organization."

It almost sounds like returning to how Russell had the Bible Students. They met in small groups, discussed things, didn't disfellowship others, and focused more on Jesus.

They also celebrated holidays. I see nothing wrong with allowing people to use their freedom to choose whatever their conscience allows instead of controlling people with the threat of losing their loved ones through disfellowshipping.

• inkling
    inkling
    nope unitarian is close. But I beleive we were meant to live on earth forever.
    1. Stop teaching things that are open to interpritation as fact.

You don't see the contradiction here?

Or here:

Why not fix it and make a true religion
    Non judgemental and free?
    7. Do not ever put down another religion to prove yours is right.

If yours is the "True" religion, that implies all others are false. Calling another religion false is clearly "putting it down", and "judgemental".

-inkling

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Capes?

I'm in.

here is a chacklist Ive been working on...

That's a "what I don't like about the JWs" list. How would that make it a "true" religion? More true that the Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Zoroastrian or nature worship religions?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are 34,000 Christian religions. Isn't that enough?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

But I beleive we were meant to live on earth forever

I don't. My religion is therefore true. How do we know which one is true?

Non judgemental and free?

You have to have sin and judgement to get to the Jesus and God religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit