Who Are Your Past Circuit Overseers? It's a small world..

by mentallyfree31 260 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StAnn
    StAnn

ASilentOne, was your Gary Thompson's wife named Diana? With a son named David? I also vaguely remember a Magnusson, can't remember first name.

All of my CO's would have been in Ohio.

StAnn

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Broken Promises, finally one from Australia:

Grant Holland (very softly spoken, nice guy IMO)

Conrad Mack

Neville Bromich (or was it his brother?)

Grant Holland did accounts in Aust Bethel now. Ok but apparently a tough boss.

I grew up with Conrad Mack's daughter, from his first wife. He used to always tell me off for not chewing my food enough, as a healthy digestive system is a healthy person. Ironic, since he died in his 50's.

Neville was the DO, Ted Bromich was the CO. I had Ted for my CO and pioneer school and found him inspirational. He was old school. When he was a child him or one of his brothers broke their arm and was so afraid of his father they never told him.

Here are some I remember. Funny how few left enough impression for me to remember them.

Peter Moore, Vin Toole, Bob Blackstock.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

This is going back to the 60's and 70's

Brother Allen, Brother Leone, Earl V. Singer, Dwayne Emshoff. All in Cleveland Ohio.

• asilentone
    asilentone

St Ann, I do not think Gary Thompson's wife name was Diana, but I forgot her name. She died of cancer, then Gary remarried a sister decades younger than him. Last time I heard that he is/was DO. I would not be surprised if he is no longer doing the district work due to his current age. I would think he is in his 70's or 80's. It would take time to recall Gary's wife first name, if I can recall later, I will post her name here.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Everett Rodrigues is a DO now. He served in MA/RI until last year and was reasigned with his wife Pat to I think NY.

I like Everett but my family knows him VERY well especially when we was a teenager. He did drugs/loose conduct etc. Personally I do not care, all of us did stupid things as a teenager into early adulthood. What is disconcerting, if you did not know Everett when he was young you would think he was a "model" JW as a kid. Never once did he lead on about his sketchy childhood was like, heck ALL can learn and realize we are ALL human. His Mom raised those Rodrigues boys to think they are Kings and waited on them hand and foot. Some of Everett's brothers are so messed up with drugs and alcohol they have been into rehabs up until late last year. Those poor guys need help and Everett has nothing to do with them which is so sad.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

John Magnusson, i remember him.

Where is he today?

Robert Hurst?

• Quandry
    Quandry

In 1973, when I became a witness in Florida, Carey Barber, who later went on to be one of the GB, was our CO.

He was really a very nice man-worked with everyone in the congregation. In our group, he was working with a "sister of color" in a rundown neighborhood, and a redneck guy yelled out something about it. Barber yelled back, "Mind your own business!"

• moshe
    moshe

I haven't talked to a CO in over 25 years and their names are gone from my memory, which tells me they did nothing memorable.

• asilentone
    asilentone

St Ann, I remember Gary Thompson first wife's name. It is Sally.

• St George of England
    St George of England

PM for you Podobear. Sorry for the delay but I have been unable to access my messages properly.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit