Who Are Your Past Circuit Overseers? It's a small world..

by mentallyfree31 260 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Harold Weidner: Liked to have young sisters give him a foot massage. Creepy with a bad comb-over. Think of Donald Trump's ugly older brother: just as opinionated only without all of the money.

Bob Saia: His first wife cheated on him and it broke his heart so he joined a cult and never looked back. He was the guy that persuaded me to join this cult, not too surprisingly after my girlfriend cheated on me and broke my heart.

Andy Laguna: Nice enough fellow, basically harmless. His biggest deficits were that he had never had a job, never been married--probably never even had a girlfriend--and naturally never had kids. So of course he thought he was qualified to tell us regular folks how we should live our lives!

Nick Kovalak: Never had children, yet he felt qualified to give advice on parenting and child-rearing. Took "living in the past" to new lows. "Did you bring your toothbrush in service this Sunday?" Had absolutely zero ability to relate to people that had to work for a living. Obvious contempt for people that spawned human children.

Harley Brenneman: Nice enough guy. Might even have known TTATT. Hard to read.

Allen Wollen: One of the few CO's I knew that had actually ever had a real job, ... and children! Almost human as a result. Still, a company man to the bitter end.

Martin Harfmann: Loved to tell stories about the "good ol' days" before he was a JW. I wonder why? Favorite expression during Saturday morning service, "Doesn't a cup of coffee sound good about now?" "Now where was I? Oh yeah, that reminds me of the time ..." Fancied himself the "James Bond" of COs. A legend in his own mind. After I was DF'd, he actually pressured my ex-wife into making the same meal I had made for his previous visit. What an insensitive asshole. If you see him, please tell him I said so.

In retrospect I wonder why I ever listened to any of these jokers.

Oh, I know: It's a cult!

• millie210
    millie210

Ole Harfmann really got around! I knew him too Oubliette.

I may or may not have laughed at hearing him called "Barfmann"

jus sayin...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Millie: I may or may not have laughed at hearing him called "Barfmann"

I would have!

• Greener
    Greener

In southern Ontario area a couple of note:

Verne Duncombe Early 1970s, as a kid I remember him playing the piano at the hall. White white hair.

Jack Danley Early 1980s..83..84. Old fire and brimstone Jack. "This congregation is dead. Brothers...wake up.." "Brothers at the back of the hall..would you please break up the card game and join the rest of the congregation" What a character.

I remember his overly loud singing of the kingdom songs.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Oubliette - So, Harold Weidner, a CO had young sisters massage his feet and he got away with it? WOWSA ! ! !

Did any of the sisters ever report him?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Forty-something years later, I still am unable to forget Rex Mainwaring!

Do any others in Australia remember "Cyclone Rex"?

He certainly terrorised us all in S.E. Queensland, when he went on a mission to re-invigorate "The Work", which had somewhat gone into decline during the immediate post-1975 years.

Bill.

PS: For "re-invigorate", read "kick-@$$"

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Shirley W: Did any of the sisters ever report him?

One bragged to me about being able to, like it was a privilege or something. (BTW, she was in her early 20s at the time).

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Sounds like a Cosby situation to me, later on these Sisters leave da troof, they might try to track him down
  • Bro-jo
    Bro-jo
    I'm from CT. CO & DO were Belfiore, Ronco, Plumhoff, Wiger, Pellachia (now WT spokesman), Chimiklis, Conti, Jack Thomas, Codespoti, Karamalis, Bartel, Weining, Samuelson, Illingworth, Wengert, Angelo Catanzaro. Many more. Can't think of them now. I knew Larry Minor from working with him in pre district convention meetings.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Slegr (great co)

miller

obrien (became do after our circuit)

palanzo (brutal. Heard he was asked to step down)

jason kieker

Ohl (absolute asshole)

beltran (Good speaker)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit