The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Yadirf,

That little decal on you front door certainly does not make you any kind of expert on law enforcement.
    You forget who invited who where!

Police officers deal with liars and people trying to hide things on a daily basis. When you confront those kinds of people it tends to piss you off. Cops get tired of being lied too and they are as human as anyone else when it happens.

I don't think your observation perch up there on the middle of the fence that you so proudly sit on makes either Danni or Darryl even the slightest bit uneasy. You call them bullies, try getting out of your "inactive" status and attend a few meetings to see some real bullies. Of course being a man in the congregation you probably wouldn't see it that way. The poor little elders got cornered and all flustered, good for them, it's about time they saw what it was like to get interrogated. They can certainly dish it out but they turn into real cowards when it is done back to them. How pathetic!

Check out your own big red nose before you start calling someone else a clown.

Dave

• teejay
    teejay

You are right for once, Friday. Folks here are applauding what's known as a sweeping generalization:

Danni: "Some Jehovah's Witnesses have been (and are) guilty of pedophilia. You're JWs, aren't you? There must be some pedophiles here."

Jehovah's Witnesses do it, too:

Jehovah's Witness: "Some people fall into all sorts of unscriptural, immoral and illegal behavior when they stop associating with Jehovah's Witnesses. You don't associate with us anymore, right? Therefore, you are an immoral, law-breaking hater of God."

Oh well.

• rem
    rem

I guess I'm just not understanding this whole situation. Was this meeting in response to specific suspicions of child abuse within that particular congregation or was this meeting just to discuss Watchtower policy in regards to pedophilia in general?

Unless there was some type of specific suspicion (based on some type of evidence) of child abuse going on within the congregation, then I have to agree with Yardif that the meeting was unprofessional and unbecoming behavior of a police officer. I don't see why the elders were being intimidated because they were trying to explain official Watchtower Policy. If there was a specific case of child molestation in the congregation and they were holding back information, then this meeting would make more sense to me.

Perhaps I missed some of the background information?

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Bendrr
    Bendrr

I think I'm in love....and she carries handcuffs TOO?!!!
    Seriously, tho. Danni, what you did was nothing short of heroic in my book. Since you're not a jw or x-jw, I really doubt you realize the full impact of your meeting.
    This speakerphone thing has me thinking. For it to be on and someone listening to the conversation without you being told beforehand is a little in the legal gray area don't you think? That's good food for thought for others reading this thread. How many times have elders' meetings been monitored like this without the knowledge of all parties involved? (Note to Silentlambs, that's something to think about)
    I really really really really hope that this meeting got taped! I know you can't say on the board if you did or not.
    I'm glad to have you here, Danni!
    Mike.

"You can't have everything, where would you put it?" -- Steven Wright

• teejay
    teejay

Danni,

Something else has got me real curious. I'm sorry, but I can't help it. It's way my mind works. Could you help me? You gave us the names of three elders. Thank goodness you only used their last names or otherwise somebody might be able to figure out where that congregation is!!

Let's see... you said there was "a man called Elder Johnson."

Then you said: Two other men came in the office. One was an older African American with red eyes and a lot of stress on his face. Two younger looking ones that were more professional looking. The AAM (african american man) gave us dirty looks.

The other two were Elder williams, and Elder parks.

So, if I understand you correctly, you met w/ Elder Johnson, Elder Williams, and Elder Parks. Is that right? One of them was an African American. Would that be Elder Johnson? I remember you said he had red eyes, a lot of stress on his face and gave you dirty looks.

The other two, you know the "more professional looking" ones, would those two be Williams and Parks? What race were they? You didn't say.

Peace,
    tj

• joelbear
    joelbear

I believe everything I read at www.Jehovahs-Witness.com.

• seven006
    seven006

teejay,

Your questions has got me real curious, why are you asking them? Are you trying to make a point?

Just curious,

Dave

• teejay
    teejay

Dave,

Nothing important. Just curious.

tj

• nelly136
    nelly136

so you went to a kh, did a cagney and lacy and they
    just sat down and put you on the batphone to headquarters?
    you werent asked for a warrant or your badge number before they
    gave you the goods?
    nelly

• JT
    JT

The meeting in my opinion went just about the way I thought it would.

You can't reason with the unreasonable
    ==================

You are correct and this is why in my opinion such meetings are useless-

but if the goal is to have some fun and pissed the elders off then this will do it everytime

but if a person is going into such a meeting with the thought that there will be some equal exchange of ideas and views

then i got a bridge to sell anyone who thinks that

how long people will it take before you come to understand how HIgh Control Groups work

you should have went bowling and out to dinner

just my 2

james-

"The Telephone Pole and Light Pole days are over for me"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit