The meeting did not go well.

by Danni 221 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Hate to say I told you so... but

I TOLD YOU IT WOULD NOT GO WELL.

Check out the thread where you said you were going to have this meeting. Unfortunately the fact remains the WTBTS will deceive and contort the facts to any extent to save face for the organization and its ever sacred reputation.

While I admire your efforts, only hard facts and evidence can bring them to their knees.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Danni-great job!

I had the JW's come to my door today and I froze. I totally forgot all the questions and issues I wanted answered and ended up asking about "women in subjection" and birth control.

You really have guts!

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

As I read this post it was stunning to say the least. The part I noticed was they never actually answered the questions you asked other than calling me a liar. I would be very glad to call the hotline and see how it works. I have recently spoken to Wt Public Information and they seemed to agree with my position, but then again that is a different world from legal. This was totally unexpected as I in no way coherced Danni and her friend to talk with the elders. Yet I like it and could see benefit in others doing the same to let locals see this will not be hidden.

It was interesting also to see the reference to the "apostate" conspiricy angle. The fear mongering of some huge secret organization that is out to destroy all witnesses. This is just a complete fabrication. Then again, what else would you expect those who protect pedophiles to do?

• seven006
    seven006

Yrs2long and California,

I really hate to see this kind of thing. As a young JW man I was very much into the controll/subejction philosophy
    and it messed up a lot of my younger years. Handed an open rule book of absolute male superiority goes right to a young guys
    head and at the age of 19 you do not have a clue how to treat a wife. I am not making excuses for what someone
    did to you but only offering a bit of an explanation.

As young men we are not taught how to properly treat a wife. All we know is they are supposed to treat us
    like we own them. My ex-wife still holds animosity toward me because of the way I was. It has been many years
    since our marriage and I am not even close to the same person I was back then. No amount of apologizing for offering
    an explanation will soften her heart. I don't really blame her, I was quite a jerk.

Just looking back on what we use to believe is quite the reality check. Looking back on how we use to treat others whom
    we were supposed to love is just heart breaking. I hope you two can understand that a little bit. That religion controlled every
    aspect of our life and our emotions. I am not only glad to be out of it, I am sad that I was a part of it and ashamed about the way I was.

Life goes on.

Take care,

Dave

• rhett
    rhett

Danni,
    You rock! You are yet another reason why cops are actually pretty friggen cool folks. Please let us know where the entire transcript will eventually be posted. This is too funny!

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Danni,

In my estimation both you and your partner, Darryl, have acted very unprofessional and unbecoming of an officer of the law. You both should be ashamed of yourselves for your conduct, and reconsider your stance.

Darryl: Let's get one thing straight here before you start quoting the law to us. In the course of a general investigation of a suspected or reported crime, a police officer may stop and question any persons whom he believes may have information about the event.
    What “suspected crime”, may I ask, were you investigating that was supposed to have taken place there in that congregation? Do you have any reason to suspect that such a thing had actually taken place among the congregation there in which you were interrogating? Obviously, you had nothing more than hearsay to go on, to your shame. I think you have made clowns out of yourselves.

hearsay 1. Information heard from another. 2. Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.
    You and Darryl come on as being nothing but arrogant bullies, and like I’ve already suggested you should be ashamed because you give the Police Department a bad name. You remind me of the time when I was around 16 years old, and I walked into a Movie Theater with my shirt-tail hanging out, rather than having been neatly tucked inside my pants. A certain Police Officer tried to intimidate me by reprimanding me regarding my shirt, demanding that I tuck the tail of it down inside my pants. Some cop, right? I could relate a few more incidents that hasn’t reflected too well on the local Police Department here over the years, but it really isn’t necessary. The fact is, I have a great deal of respect for all agencies of law enforcement. I have even supported them financially. Until recently I have been an associate member of the Sheriffs’ Association of Texas, as well as a supporter of the Texas State Troopers Association -- and have the decals posted on the front door of my home to prove it.

Danni: Do you call the police when someone other than a Jehovah's Witnesses have commited an crime against one of your memebers? Please don't lie I know if the witnesses have called the police before or not...Do you ask your members if there was more than one witness to the crime? No you don't , the law is now convenient for you to use and obey.
    “Please don’t lie”? You two actually went into all this soooooo prejudiced that you automatically assumed you were amidst liars. Get a life, for goodness sakes! Just your general demeanor is hard for me to stomach. You might want to consider another profession, the both of you, if you can take me saying so.

Darryl : The hell we are.
    Well, that’s it for me. I need read no more. You went onto the premises of a religious building, and then spout off offensive language. You should know better! I have no respect whatsoever for either of you, and if your Department head finds out what you’ve done and takes no action against you then I’ll be mighty displeased with the Police Department in your area.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Danni, just ignore him. I don't think it went badly at all. I think it was AWESOME.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• anewperson
    anewperson

Chucking. Brooklyn will find the sledding much tougher in the future. Going door to door will get information into the hands of those who do so. smile-smile-smile

• Mum
    Mum

Oh, yes, the meeting did go well! You were like surgeons exposing the diseased reality underneath the charming smiles and affability. You had them pretty darn scared; otherwise why would they have had one of their legal wackos on the line.

You and Daryl are my favorite police officers. What a team!

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

That was an absolutely facinating and revealing experience.

You and your partner did a great job. Alot of insight into their attitudes and how they are operating these days. Thanks.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit