Ray Franz has had a stroke

by coffee_black 211 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah
    maybe someone wants to do autobiography of Ray Franz's life.

Ummm, he did that already. Autobiography? He did pretty well write his life story for us.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Maybe someone could still put together a documentary or at least write a biography. I hope someone does.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Read his book. I know that it seems a lost art these days, but just read it.

It's a great book.

• asilentone
    asilentone

dinah, oops for my bad grammar. I edited my previous post.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh dear dear, just saw this.

You wouldn't think it was such a courageous thing, to disclose the truth you found in doing the research you were assigned to do. But it was for Ray.

You wouldn't think it was such a courageous thing to have a Bible study group in an organization that was supposed to be dedicated to "reading the Bible." But it was for Ray.

How courageous and brave he was to put in writing his story. His experience forever altered how the WTBS did everything. They went on a high alert witchhunt in 1981, and never came back. I, along with thousands of others, were struck by the honesty and humbleness of his words. No ones else has come close to the number of lives he affected. What a testimony.

May peace and comfort be with the Franz family and friends, and especially to dear Cynthia.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

A close friend brought this to my attention on FB. My heart goes out to Cynthia, and my gratitude to Ray for his courage to write the book CoC. It helped resolve the cognitive dissonance I was experiencing in my last days as a JW; he truly helped me be able to leave with a clear conscience and free my family from the untruth of what they call "the truth". I only wish I could have met the man, and thanked him in person. I'll be sending a card to Cynthia--I wish I'd had the address earlier, so I could have thanked Ray properly.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Very sad news. You always figure that something like this was eventually going to happen given his age, but it still hurts regardless.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

This is very very sad news. Sending thoughts of love and strength to Cynthia to help her get through these next few terrible days.

I'm very grateful that this lovely, kind and brave man is leaving a wonderful legacy with his books - a legacy that will live on and help many many more break free from the WTS.

Hopscotch

• life is to short
    life is to short

It is so sad to hear. My heart breaks for Cynthia.

• steve2
    steve2

For several painful years I had struggled with doubts about the Watchtower's changing claims and its manipulative attempts to stifle sensible inquiry. When I read about Ray's being kicked out of Bethel in the early 1980s, I suddenly knew I was not alone and that I was not going crazy. Thank you so much Ray for the quiet dignity you brought to your humble observations and conclusions about a religious organization that has often lost sight of the terrible impact of its teachings on untold numbers of humans the world over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit