Ray Franz has had a stroke

by coffee_black 211 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
  • minimus
    minimus

Wikipedia says he has died. Is that correct?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ray was pronounce dead at 1:37 PM Eastern Standard Time. I was doing a presentation for my job at that time, and couldn't post. I've confirmed this with Marilyn Zweifel, who spoke to Dan Dykstra and Peter Gregerson

Coffee

• Graham G.
    Graham G.

A sad day for Cynthia. A sad day for us. Wonderful man, wonderful books.

What I admired most about him was how calm and forgiving he stayed throughout the entire WTS harassment. He will be missed.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

My heart bleeds in pain at this loss. I believe that Raymond Franz followed in the footsteps of great men like William Tyndale, who although they may have comfortable lives and popular acclaim, they preferred to follow his conscience. It is because men like this, the History progresses, and many others follow they steps. Ray, God bless you and give you due reward, and to his dear wife who supported him and who now feel his loss. From Portugal, with Christian love ...

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Oh my goodness ...how sad this is ...Rest in peace Ray Franz ...may God bless him abundantly ...

Loz x

• VIII
    VIII

Very sad.

RIP Ray.

• peacedog
    peacedog

I never had the privilege of meeting Ray or his wife. However, I can say that his books were instrumental in my becoming free from the Watchtower Society. I say "free" because I would have left without Ray's books (in fact, did) but if not for Ray's books my mind would not have been so completely and absolutely free of the various control mechanisms of the WTS.

With his first book, Ray did for me precisely what Toto did for Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz: completely expose the charlatan(s) hiding behind the curtain.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Ray.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I think he is one of the greatest people I have ever been exposed to!!!

• Deceived
    Deceived

So Sorry to hear this Sad News!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit