Ray Franz has had a stroke

by coffee_black 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Velas
    Velas

From Spain I feel very sorry of hearing such bad news about Ray.

These days living is sadder and tougher.

I have never met Ray but I feel his illness as if it was my father illness.

Regards

Jose

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I exchanged a few emails with Ray. What struck me was his constant concern for his wife, and he was simply heartbroken that her health had been failing in recent years. He looked out for her and protected her although she is ten years younger. It's terrible to think of Cynthia finding Ray, having collapsed hours before. I hope there are people around to help her.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

So, sorry to hear this. I wish them all comfort and peace.

I wish I would have had an opportunity to meet with him. His writings greatly touched me.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

So sad at this update .... praying for strength for Cynthia ...what a fine couple of human beings...

Loz x

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Coffee (and any others) -

I briefly came across a mailing address for Cynthia while perusing the various forums, but it seems to have disappeared at some point. Perhaps someone here that has contact with Mrs. Franz, or with some of their close friends in the area, could make contact and find out what she might need in the way of funds or other assistance. She needs to know that many of us here are willing to contribute toward her immediate needs.

I have no idea what their living arrangments might be now. I suspect that they derive some income from royalties from Ray's books, but so many years after they were published that might not be enough to sustain them. I doubt that they had much, or anything, from Social Security since they spent most of their working years living under a vow of poverty.

Bottom line is that we should not pry into their personal financial affairs, but just be aware that they may have some special needs if Ray makes it back home - or doesn't. I'm sure that many of us would be willing to pitch in and help them a bit.

So - can you help get this information for us and get the word to Mrs. Franz that we really care for them both?

Thanks!

• Violia
    Violia

Thank you Ray for being so brave. It is hard to face down this rotten org.- they try and destroy you if you do.

Ray faced them down and helped so many others.

Thank you for taking the hit for so many of us. I and so many others will be forever grateful.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I am so terribly sorry that the prognosis is so poor. He's not dead yet, but it obviously doesn't look good at all.

What a great man - to give up all that he did, to grow a set of balls and walk away from what he had because he knew it was wrong. He went to live in a winnabego because he literally had nothing when he left.

A very very sad day indeed.

• megs
    megs

I don't know how feasible this would be, but I think an appropriate tribute would for this site to go black for a day, with only a picture and a tribute to Mr. Franz.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would think www.freeminds.org would do something like that, not sure if it would work here.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Although Ray spent many years at the heart of the Borg, I doubt there were any better placed to write Crisis of Conscience. He has opened up the WTS to scrutiny in a way that no other could. I can think of no single thing that would expose the WTS for what they are than a massive distribution of this book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit