Ray Franz has had a stroke

by coffee_black 211 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

A very sad day. Ray's book helped me to realise that the corruption I saw at a local level was simply a reflection of the culture exhibited by the society from the top down.

My heart goes out to Cynthia and those who were close to him.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

A very brief announcement...

http://ex-jw.com/raymond-franz-rip

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Coffee, I just want to thank you for keeping us all updated.

If, at the time of my death, I have just one person who adores me as much as the countless thousands who adore Dear Ray, I will know I have done something right.

Love,
    Baba.

• somebody
    somebody

Thank you once again coffee_black.

I respect Cynthia's wishes and I still continue my deepest heartfelt prayers for her personally.

I do understand that she will be even more overwhelmed than she already is,by phone calls.

peace and love,

somebody/gwen

Peace to you Cynthia at this extremly hard time!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Phone calls can be intrusive. Cards and notes are ALWAYS welcome.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Ray's will says he is to be cremated, and that there is to be no funeral service or memorial.

I completely understand why. Cynthia and those closest to them would want privacy, serenity and dignity without any danger of it turning into a circus.

Deepest, heartfelt condolences to Cynthia and friends.

• dissed
    dissed

Our family's heart goes out to Cynthia.

I will always remember them from my Bethel days. As that cute couple down the hall, who held hands as young couples do, as they walked to their room.

I'm just sorry, I believed the WT lies about Ray, that kept me away from him and his thoughts, until this last September. I know he must have recognized how much he helped so many, but may not have realized how many hearts he touched.

His life long journey is over.

Ray is home and in peace.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Ray's books were huge in helping open my eyes to what the watchtower organization was really all about, back in the day. He was a kind man and always responded to my emails. I'm glad he lived a long life and I hope his death was relatively fast and painless. An honorable man.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

He is not passed yet?

• sd-7
    sd-7

We have lost a great hero, and it is a blow to everyone who loves freedom and Christianity. With all the psychological issues surrounding JWs, the theological issues require great effort to face and overcome. Raymond Franz' work in that regard stands unequaled amongst all who have written on the subject. I am sure there would have been a greatly reformed JW religion had he been granted free rein while he was on the GB. Tragic that we'll never know what that would've been like.

The great men are the truly humble ones. It really is just like Jesus said.

Ray will be missed by all those he touched. I'm sad I'll never get the chance to talk to him.

"Out of all the souls I've encountered, in all my travels, his was the most...human."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit