Ray Franz has had a stroke

by coffee_black 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

He will live as a symbol of courage forever. My heart goes out to his wife

• 5thGeneration
  • brizzzy
    brizzzy

That makes me so sad to hear. I will be keeping him and his wife in my thoughts.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, no....

So many people owe so much to that man... I hope that he pulls through...

The prognosis doesn't sound good, though... Here's hoping for a miracle...

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

hoping for a miracle

Unfortunately, everyone who's gone through this with older loved ones knows that you don't necessarily hope for recovery at 88 years old.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Wow...I was just thinking about the eventuality of losing him. He was my Entrant's School Instructor at Bethel and I knew then that something was bothering him. I just got his book from Amazon.com and am a couple of chapters into it and am finding it very helpful in comfirming the suspicions I've had all along.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Ray is an exceptional person, and this is heartbreaking news. In decades to come, he will be seen as the key figure in the eventual demise of the Watchtower Society.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I am so sorry to hear of Ray's stroke. I truly hope he is not suffering, and that his wife can be comforted by her friends and family. I, too, believe that Ray is a good man, faithful to what he believes to be true, and that he has tried throughout his life to help others as best he can. His seems to have been the sole voice of reason and sanity in the Watchtower hierarchy. If only the leadership had heeded his advice and adopted his attitude to truth (as opposed to The Truth®), they wouldn't be experiencing the mass exodus they're seeing now. And sites like this wouldn't be necessary.

I began seeing the discrepancies and outright ludicrousness of certain Watchtower teachings over 20 years ago. But Ray, through his books, helped me to see "behind the curtain." From him I learned how the Governing Body actually works, and verified what I already felt in my heart: that this really was a man-made religion, more and more focused on maintaining their control of the masses rather than dispensing real truth. If the worst happens, this strong and reasonable "voice in the wilderness" will be stilled, but the message (through his books) will continue to ring out, and will never be forgotten.

Godspeed, Ray. And Cynthia, all my love and respect are with you. May the peace of God sustain you in your hour of grief.

• AllTimeJeff
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

JWFacts said:

In decades to come, he will be seen as the key figure in the eventual demise of the Watchtower Society.

I wholeheartedly agree, Dear JWFacts. I left the organization before our Beloved Ray did, but I am still so very grateful to him, and in awe of his courage and forthright honesty. A beautiful man, pure of heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit