• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome Great To Have You Here

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Thank you for sharing and joining

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear Laverite, I was thrilled to read how you were brave enough to go against the flow and fulfill your dreams. You truly deserve the happiness you currently enjoy. I'll be looking forward to more of your posts. Your story is amazing.

Gayle, .

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

A very encouraging story! Thanks for posting it! As someone who returned to college late in life I found it very encouraging. You have a PM.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, after you get your feet properly wet, you may enjoy participating on this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/entertainment/184687/1/Through-a-Darkened-Pane

The poster, Compound Complex, is JWN's Renaissance Man.

Syl

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Welcome! I'd love to chat with you as I have a similar background (die-hard JWs, 3rd generation) and we are only a few years apart in age. I am in the process of narrowing down doctoral programs with the goal of eventually finding a small liberal arts college and teaching. I'm confused a bit about:

"I had my bachelor’s degree by 21, my master’s degree by 22, and my PhD by 25. For the past 15 years, I have been a university professor."

How did you manage to do a master's (usually 2 years) in 1 year and a PhD (usually 5-7 years) in 3 years? If I can cut out anytime, I'd be thrilled since I am not as young as I once was!!! I've never heard of it being done so quickly - are you in the States? What is your degree specialty?

Be afraid - be very afraid (grins). Now that I know there's a professor on board, I may have to pester you with questions.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I've never heard of it being done so quickly - are you in the States? What is your degree specialty?

My daughter is on the fast track to a similar accomplishment.

She is an IB Honors graduate who'd amassed X amount of college credits when she enrolled.

I just HOPE she goes for her master's and Ph.d.

Syl

• snowbird
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thrilling story laverite. thanks for sharing.

• snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit