From Pioneer to Professor: My Story

by laverite 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Congratulations are your awesome accomplishment!! How wonderful, you have been able to open your mind to so much knowledge. What a shame it would be if you were still stuck, cleaning for a living, and studying now about the "generation" overlapping "new light" now-a-days.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Welcome to the board!

• laverite
    laverite

@CHG - Thank you for your kind words. Yes, there is hope. The sad thing is that so many of us felt so hopeless when we were part of the Organization. Follow your dreams and never give up!

• laverite
    laverite

@NN - my username "laverite" stands for La Vérité: The Truth. In other words, the real truth, not the stuff that the Organization dishes out. What do I teach? I teach psychology.

• laverite
    laverite

@Gayle - Believe me, I've often thought of it -- what my life would be like if I had followed that path. I shudder at the thought. You almost read my mind as I had the same thoughts about that life and studying the ever changing meaning of generation.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hey Alex, You're the same age as me and hubby. Welcome!

I enjoyed reading your story and glad you're with us. Look forward to reading more from you.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

What a great story and thanks for sharing. You are so brave, sometimes I get mad at my 17 year old self and think why didn't you run? But I was afraid. What an inspiration! NMKA

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome!!! i respect you!

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Your story brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy that you were able to accomplish so much at such a young age, and overcame all obstacles. Truly an inspiration.

I know a young JW who is gay, and my wish is for him to free himself from this religion so he can be himself because everyone deserves to be happy. So happy you're living your life and have a family of your own!

Welcome!

• designs
    designs

Great accomplishment laverite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit