What Stupid Things Were You Counseled For?

by minimus 146 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Reading all these comments makes me think of the pettiness I experienced in junior high school.

It also triggered memories of my first visit to a KH, wondering how some poor guy got stuck with lugging the microphone around.

Little did I realize it was considered a great responsibility and privilege.

• agent zero
    agent zero

the usual, service time, spiritual goals.

and sideburn length, once

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Shouldn't play the song "The Twist" by Chubby Checker because it is actually a fertility dance that could cause some to become aroused.

No Joke.

• Fernando
    Fernando

For speaking about the "good news" while out in the field service with "publishers of the good news". I kid you not! A local needs and marking talk to boot too - and only because their disfellowshipping strategy had come undone.

No wonder Revelation describes religion as wine - it makes people spiritually inebriated and irrational.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

I was chewed out quite thoroughly for conducting a Bible study. This happened twice, for two different studies, years apart, in two different states, by two different bodies of elders, even though I was using nothing but the Societies publications!

Ignorant turds, for sure.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

There was one that delighted me. We'd been married only a month or two and quite in love. At the circuit assembly my wife sat in the row of bleachers ahead of me, then leaned back against my knees. A couple of real crabby elders came over and asked real snotty like if we were married, and were obviously gearing up to chew the dickens out of us if we weren't.

Man it felt good to look right back at them with a "what are you going to do about it glare" and tell them yes!

• agent zero
    agent zero
    I was chewed out quite thoroughly for conducting a Bible study

how could that be a problem, isn't that what you're supposed to do?

• Bella15
    Bella15

I was like 15 and my sister 13, someone saw us in a public pool and innocently talking, playing with wordly scholmates, we were called into a meeting and blah blah blah, we brought reproach to Jah . blah blah blah... it got to the point where we were asked if we were going to serve Jah, submit to the rules, or what? blah blah blah, my sister said NO --- LOL! She is the only one to this point that has never been baptized and she is 38.

• blondie
    blondie
    I was chewed out quite thoroughly for conducting a Bible study
    how could that be a problem, isn't that what you're supposed to do?

Well, here in this area the elders frowned on brothers studying with women or sisters studying with men. They were supposed to turn them over to someone of the same gender. I was even once told I could not study with a married couple.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I forgot ... once when I was like 9 years old I made a gesture with my hands and fingers in the kingdom hall out of boredom in the middle of the meeting, I was told that I shouldn't be doing that and was explained that my gesture simulated the sex act ... mind you ... I didn't know anything about the "act" where things were supposed to be, or that certain thing has to penetrate another ..., to give you an idea my game was like playing the "itsy bitsy spider" ... well, I got sex ed 101 right there in the kingdom hall. Afterwards when I alone I kept doing it again and again and again trying to figure out how that resembled sex ... WHY this people ALWAYS think that they can read your mind, heart and intentions and ALWAYS one's intention is to be disrespectful to their god?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit