What Stupid Things Were You Counseled For?

by minimus 146 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Any active JW lurkers reading this thread would have to admit..............it's a cult.

Think About It

• life is to short
    life is to short

I forgot I was also counseled for not taking care of my parents better. They both abused me as a child and I tried to explain it to the elder but he said the Bible says to honer your father and mother, period. I told him my parents were being taken care of just fine in the nursing home they were in. But not according to many of the JW's. This one sister almost got them kicked out of the home because she kept reporting that they were being abused to the state.

There was an elder in the same nursing home who was high up in the "truth" his family was left alone, apparently he was not being abused like my parents were even though they were being taken care of by the same staff?????

I almost thought for awhile that I would have to take my parents into my home to keep the JW's off my back but I could not do that. I was so stressed out. The nursing home

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was going to add that the head of the nursing home could not understand why I was being targeted like I was by my fellow church members, neither could I.

LITS

• loosie
    loosie

I was counselled for wearing to fancy of a dress to give my talk in the back hall. It wasa sundress in CA... what is fancy about that?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

As an elder I once went over to an 83 year old sister's apartment ALONE to check on her.

I was counseled by another elder for doing that he said I was supposed to bring another elder along.

LD

• life is to short
    life is to short

I remember when I was a teenager this sister I thought was old at the time but was probably only in her mid 40's was counseled for wearing a to see through dress on when she gave her talk and this MS who was one step from being an elder and very looked up to in the hall flipped out because he said he could see her underwear from his seat. It seems he counseled her out in the open with others around. Now this sister was the most modest sister in the world she had two slips on and honestly you could not see anything. I only knew because she was in the bathroom when I was and on the verge of tears. She thought he must be right and she felt so horrible that she was so stupid to not notice that her dress was so see through what was she thinking and how could she have been so stupid to wear something like that. Honestly even when she stood right in front of lights you could not see a thing.

I do not know where the MS was coming from.

• wozza
    wozza

A part on the service meeting that was to be 20 min long ,but because a brother before me went grossly overtime I had to trim my talk to about 13 minutes ,then this nasty elder that followed me tore strips off me for encroaching on his weeny little 5 minute talk.

They can be so "human" at times these "princes"

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

One M/s on a shepherding call called me a slack idiot.

another M/s, my step nephew, pulled me into the back room and accused me of fancying his wife.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Control, control, control.

If there is one thing we should learn from the Jehovah's Witness expereience and teach to our children it's that NOBODY has the right to control you.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I forgot to say, what a fucking cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit