What Stupid Things Were You Counseled For?

by minimus 146 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

During meetings me and my wife would follow from the same bible, I was counseled for that... and my wife was counseled for loving me too much, the elder said she loved me more then Jehober.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

For my hair - too long and wild

For my laughter - too loud

• Deceived
    Deceived

I was counceled that my hair was too long and pretty (down to my waist and always styled). It drew attention away from Jehovah and onto me!!! Men wanted to talk to me when we were out in service and listen while looking at me. Heaven forbid!! I was told to keep it in a "bun" or cut it. I finally gave in and cut it and felt UGLY.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

for getting braces... the new system would have fixed them... that was 10 years ago

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

For watching an 18 (R-rated) Arnie movie (Total Recall) at the cinema with a load of other witlesses. Came up smelling of roses - I claimed I was so shocked by the violence I had to close my eyes through most of it, I hadn't walked out because I didn't want to cause offense to the study who'd suggested we view it in the first place and I would never want to see anything like it again. They didn't clock that I was 17 so shouldn't have even been there - I was made an MS shortly afterwards. Roll on three years and I went to see Pulp Fiction straight from FS

For having designer stubble. I was told it was unprofessional and asked if my intention was to grow it longer into a beard which would be acceptable??!! I said no and managed to get the most professional jobs anyone in that KH ever held with stubble.

When reading out the accounts report I was counselled for stating what the total funds were in the bank. I was asked not to do this as brothers would be less inclined to contribute. I replied it was a legal requirement and a stipulation from the society.

For not putting in a FS report despite going on the ministry as it would distort the figures. They didn't in truth know how to handle that one

MMXIV

• inbetween
    inbetween

as a MS, got to be chairman on sunday meetings, opened up with "dear sisters and brothers...."

got counseled for mentioning "sisters" first ,because thats what the world does (ladies and gentleman) but this is not scriptural, as JW we respect the headship of men, so from that time on I had to say "dear brothers and sisters..."

At that time, i did not blame it on the religion, I blamed the guy, back then an elder about 40, a real strange person, extreme and weird, to this day btw...

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was counseled by elderets once. I decided once when the CO came to have all the elders wives in the hall over to my home while the elders had their elders meeting with the CO. That way we could get to the CO's wife better. Then I decided to have all the sisters over not just the elders wives as that seemed so click like just to have elders wives only.

So I was informed that the CO's wife hated children and that I had to make sure no kids came but I could not tell the sister why as that might offend them to know that the CO's wife hated kids.

So incame this sister with her little boy all the cool sisters in the hall hated this sister anyway. I was dragged right away into my kitchen by some other elders wifes and told to ask her to leave. Now this is my home mind you. I told the other elders wife no, the little boy was not that bad and behaved well but they just berated me for allowing her to stay with her son and made me feel like dirt in my own home. Then another sister came and brought her son but all the elders wives liked this sister and did not say a word about her and her son.

OK so the CO's wife was acting like these kinds were some kind of little farm animals that she disliked, sick I know but I thought to myself she could just deal with it. I knew she was totally mad at me.

So as the evening wore on one of the little boys spilled hot coco all over her coat. That spelled the end of the evening.

Oh the fun times in this religion and my husband says I did not try hard enough to make friends in the "truth". What more should I have done.

LITS

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Going to the gym every day (bodily training????)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Let's see... listening to rock music, hanging out with the wrong crowd, owning a BB gun, wearing jeans to the KH, wearing a sweatervest or a sweater instead of a suitjacket, playing the electric guitar, going to chat rooms, owning my own website (which was later hacked by some local congregation kids) and watching pro wrestling.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Smile I like Darth Plaugeis's Comment!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit