I need to lose 20 pounds

by Heartbreaker 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I've just restarted Weight Watchers ...in the Uk...not sure if you have it there?...I lost 5 and a 1/2 lbs in the first week. Its great ...a simple pointed food plan . Last time I lost 30lb in 4 months. You get to eat everything ...nothing is banned...

Loz x

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Loz that sounds too good to be true!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I CHOOSE to be sedentary instead of excercise, when given downtime. Lets be clear, in having 6 kids, my own agency, a husband and two dogs, this is not all that often, as it may have read in the original post.

Think of it like this... ever seen a fat farmer? Farmers work hard, REALLY hard. They are up and moving and doing things all the time. So why aren't they thin?

Two basic reasons....they don't eat well. They tend to consume a lot of foods that are high in fat, sodium and calories. They are taking in more calories than they burn. Second, the TYPE of activity they are doing is not conducive to weight loss. Cardio, brisk walking, jogging, biking...things that get your breathing and heart rate up for 30 minutes or more continuously are the things that drive weight loss. Farmers don't do that. So even though they are "active" it's a different kind of active than what will make them healthy.

Secondly, I DO know about my condition with my thyroid, not sure what would make you believe otherwise. I know my last levels, what they mean, how to treat it naturally as opposed to chemically, what Hashimotos is, how it makes me feel, and how to know when I'm having a flare up.

That doesn't jive with the first thing wrote...

I was in the past diagnosed with a slow thyroid, and haven't been taking my medication.

So if you were diagnosed in the past and haven't been taking your medication, it seems like you are more AWARE of the problem than taking care of it.

The migraines keep me from doing strenuous activities that cause high levels of heartrate for extended periods. It's not worth an hour workout to end up in the ER getting a shot of medication so I can sit up, view light of be a mom.

So work out for half an our or do workouts that don't elevate your heart as much.

Not Very Likely, you are coming across as a pompous ass that needs to vent about something and feel better about yourself

You may think what you wish. I wasn't the one that posted a thread basically saying "I'm overweight, I don't workout, I kinda eat OK, I drink. how do I lose weight" and then explaining why there is absolutely no way you can change any of that. And I feel pretty good about myself. In fact, I am going to do some weight workouts right now!

I'm glad I started a thread this morning that makes you feel good about doing that, and I hope you are feeling better for the remainder of your day. Peace.

I did have an extra helping of fruit. That made me feel pretty good.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Are you disputing anything I said? Or are you just blathering on and on without actually making a point?

I could easily dispute a number of things you said. You have cited no reputable or verifiable sources of information, only your opinion. If I want opinion I'll go to someone capable of earning my respect. That could never be you.

I'll quote this again:

I have 100% become disdainful of people that use medical excuses or claim that they can't lose weight.

Proclaiming your distain in this way indicates an unwillingness to engage in meaningful dialogue. You shouldn't be surprised when people respond with an equal distain for you. In short, don't dish it out if you can't take it, bitchboy.

W

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Haha! The title is "I need to lose 20 pounds"

And the last one to post is "notverylikely"

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Secondly, I DO know about my condition with my thyroid, not sure what would make you believe otherwise. I know my last levels, what they mean, how to treat it naturally as opposed to chemically, what Hashimotos is, how it makes me feel, and how to know when I'm having a flare up. That doesn't jive with the first thing wrote... I was in the past diagnosed with a slow thyroid, and haven't been taking my medication. So if you were diagnosed in the past and haven't been taking your medication, it seems like you are more AWARE of the problem than taking care of it. Gosh I wish I had the font/color/highlight tool here....this my dear NVL was NOT directed towards you, but rather at Lola for saying this....First things first. If you do have a thyroid problem, go to your doctor and sit down with him/her and have them explain your medical condition to you so that you understand it, it's silly to say "I have a medical condition and know nothing about it", it is you job to ask questions and be as informed as possible! Not everything is about you NVL, sorry.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

To be fair though with WW say you only have 21 points a day allowance depending on your BMI, well you can use them wisely or use them all on chocolate...things like vegetables are free of points though ...it works ...it really does..

Loz x

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

The migraines keep me from doing strenuous activities that cause high levels of heartrate for extended periods. It's not worth an hour workout to end up in the ER getting a shot of medication so I can sit up, view light of be a mom.

So work out for half an our or do workouts that don't elevate your heart as much.

See? Now you can play along nicely and be helpful! This helps.

You may think what you wish. I wasn't the one that posted a thread basically saying "I'm overweight, I don't workout, I kinda eat OK, I drink. how do I lose weight" and then explaining why there is absolutely no way you can change any of that.

This does not. No where did I say I am overweight, I said I need to lose 20 pounds. I eat very well, not OK, I do drink occasionally, but not higher sugar/calorie drinks like mudslides etc. I never explained why there was "absolutely no way" I could change it.

I think you like and thrive on drama, and I will not feed you anymore.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

heartbreaker,

after I did serious research on the internet on Hypothyroidism( low thyroid) it's what I have and it very different from yours (yours is more cricital then mines) what i do i take my synthroid 100mcg on an empty stomache I dont eat cuz it has to absorb, if you eat with your med you wont get the full dosage.after 4 hours then i take a high grade multi vitamin, b-complex vitamin, L-tyrosine1000mcg, Selenium 400mcg, Biotin(because my hair falls out alot like 300 strands a day). and my hair length is down to my buttocks..

I started doing this since january of this year and i've lost 20 pounds. on top of the exercising and strength training and I run 4 miles a day, 2miles in the morning and 2 miles at night, I'm not lazy at all very active...

fyi... peaches, saurkrut, walnuts, spinch, califlower, strawberries, cabbage has a natural enzime that attach our t4 thyroid levels. if you have a tyroid condition. my opinion is this routine is working for me,, it might be different for you, but talk to your doctor and i just had my visit with him and he is very sirprised on how my tsh levels went from 13.0 to 1.8.. and i'm feeling good..

thanks.

I hope you get well.

• lola28
    lola28

StAnn, totally off topic but why did they say you had Lupus when it was something else, and how did they realize their mistake?

Heartbreaker, is there anything that you are willing to do to lose the weight? Everything so far has been, "I can't" "I won't". This really is not an issue about looking skinny and fitting into a smaller pair of jeans. It's far more serious than that, you could be causing damage to your body that can not be reversed and gain you think getting up and walking is hard? Wait till you have to give yourself insulin injections because you have diabetes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit