I need to lose 20 pounds

by Heartbreaker 88 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Ah, yes, the "reformed whore" syndrome. I must say, you DO wear it well, dear NVL (peace to you!).

Thanks! I do what I can. And actually, I'm not reformed, I still have every bad habit I always did, I just make sure they don't get out of control. There you go again thinking you know something about me when you don't :)

I have become distainful of arrogant pieces of shit that yap a lot and know almost nothing. I prefer to get my facts from reputable sources.

Are you disputing anything I said? Or are you just blathering on and on without actually making a point?

Just because you couldn't control your eating in the past don't assume that everyone is a fucking swine like you.

Oh, you assumed I was making an assumption! Wow, way to be a giant dumbass. Next time you try to tell someone to not eat shit, make sure you're not stuffing your face with it. And you sound fat.

• awildflower
    awildflower

AGuest makes a great point about medications and weight gain. I mean look at how much medication people are on!! Great point.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Start off by just eliminating anything containing simple sugar, white flour, high fructose corn syrup, and hydrogenated oil.

So KFC at least took out the white bread, does this count for being healthy

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

And yet, Barry Bonds took HIS steroids... topically. Yep, through a "clear lotion." I ask you, dear NVL... did HE gain any weight? You BET he did.

Yes, and he used them WAY more than he was supposed to.And he was gaining muscle via working out, not fat weight.

Nothing else. And I walk, fairly regularly... but the weight has not come off.

Because you are not expending more calories than you are taking in. It's that simple.

I hope that helps "enlighten" you a little better... and perhaps even help you dial down your disdain just a tad.

Again, you just assume I didn't know that drugs can have side effects, at least you are consistent. And no, it won't. 99.999% of the time, lazy is the reason, not drugs, not a thyroid condition, not knee issues, not heart problem, not asthma ....

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

So KFC at least took out the white bread, does this count for being healthy

Calorie wise, it's NOT that bad. but it's bad is so many other ways

• StAnn
    StAnn

Similar story to SA/AGuest here. Was diagnosed with Lupus, put on prednisone. Found out years later I didn't have Lupus, had fibromyalgia and Type 1 Diabetes. Have been fighting weight forever. A lot of my health problems have been caused by taking meds for diseases I didn't have. The rest I chalk up to bad genes, as my dad and my siblings seem to have a lot of the same health problems. Of course, I'm the lucky one who got the worst of it.

Oh, I forgot to add my congenital heart problem.

Exercise is difficult because of IBS, so if I go walking I have to stop and go potty frequently (like, every block!). Also, walking is a problem because I used to walk so much (7 miles a day) that I've developed bone spurs on the bottoms of both heels. So I bought a really good exercise bike and discovered that I have severe arthritis in my knees, so the doctor took me off of the exercise bike. I've recently discovered a television show on at 7 a.m. for old people called, "Sit and Be Fit." Think I'm going to try it. If my IBS kicks in, I could even do those exercises from the loo!

StAnn

• awildflower
    awildflower

Yeah NL, I noticed cal wise it's not to bad, especially if you go for the grilled. Maybe I'll try one on my splurge day!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Yeah NL, I noticed cal wise it's not to bad, especially if you go for the grilled. Maybe I'll try one on my splurge day

It's got enough sodium in it for a week....

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Wow, a lot of info here, thanks everyone for your input. I would like to clarify two things

I am NOT lazy. I am more active than most people I know. I am self employed, and it does NOT require me to be sedentary, but quite the opposite. I CHOOSE to be sedentary instead of excercise, when given downtime. Lets be clear, in having 6 kids, my own agency, a husband and two dogs, this is not all that often, as it may have read in the original post.

Secondly, I DO know about my condition with my thyroid, not sure what would make you believe otherwise. I know my last levels, what they mean, how to treat it naturally as opposed to chemically, what Hashimotos is, how it makes me feel, and how to know when I'm having a flare up.

I use none of these as excuses as to why not, but to add to the whole story. The migraines keep me from doing strenuous activities that cause high levels of heartrate for extended periods. It's not worth an hour workout to end up in the ER getting a shot of medication so I can sit up, view light of be a mom. As for the thyroid, I mentioned it because it makes it harder to lose weight, not impossible, and cutting out certain foods can aggrevate the condition rather than help it.

Not Very Likely, you are coming across as a pompous ass that needs to vent about something and feel better about yourself. I'm glad I started a thread this morning that makes you feel good about doing that, and I hope you are feeling better for the remainder of your day. Peace.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Non of it big or clever I know. But not a fat or lazy in there.

Controlling harmful urges is hard work. And I smoke for 17 years.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Jehovah`s Witnesses, unless they are now selling a book on losing weight. Then again I wouldn`t put it past them.

There's a shitload of fat JW's because "bodily training" is only a little beneficial. Because you know, Paul knew everything there was to know about health.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit