Lies, lies, lies being fed to the to American public.... ie: Gulf Spill

by restrangled 69 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks
    if the environuts keep these off limits.

How can you say that in the face of the disaster we are discussing?? Those "environuts" were right!!!!!!! We could have made amazing progress on the energy issue we've been paying lip service to for 40 years, if the industries that benefit from our dependence had gotten out of the way, and gotten out of DC. You folks really think it's those who are concerned for the environment that are at fault???? Grow up, look at who makes the money here.

And yes Mad Dawg, there was a bill that was to let too big to fail, fail. It was voted down. Only something like 27 Dems voted for it, and 3 Repubs. Those are the guys we should be rewarding, not voting out.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I am not happy that the title of this thread has proven true. (Posted 5 days ago)

The volume of oil now admitted by various Government agencies and BP .....is beyond, way beyond the original statements of 5000 barrels per day.

That the chemicals used are way too toxic and never should have been approved by the EPA. (easily looked up way before approval....on line)

I have read on many web sites that the various "solutions" to stop the leak were impossible and that they were "leaked" to stem the tide of anger at BP.

That the Wetlands of Louisinana are now being besieged by "under water plumes"....not containable by miles of orange oil containment balloons despite everyone's best efforts.

That a study done and released from the North Sea on oil blowouts was ignorned from 10 years ago (also available on line) from the very country where one of these businesses originate.

That Fema, the Coast Guard, and MMS.....answer to and swallow anything BP says.

That the United States Government seems to have no control of it's own waters, and let foreign countries come in and rape us of our precious minerals with little to know payment.

That there is typical red tape from some moron picking his or her nose at a desk and not signing off so that berms could have been built 2 weeks ago to save the wetlands now being saturated with chocolate pudding type oil.

Yes our government hard at work,..... the new administration, looking more like the old administration.

r.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Restrangled..

On CNN last night..

There is 100,000 gallons of oil dispersment sitiing,doing nothing..

It`s safer,works better and everyone in charge has known about it from the get go..

WTF???????...

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes, I have seen that Outlaw.

That dispersant isn't manufatured by an Oil company sub contractor.

So as we post, it still sits in Texas. BP is trying to find a way around purchasing this product so that they can make a profit from a company they already own.

Our government gave them a huge window, to play games.

Everything needed is instantly available (and was by the way), but they need time to A: Mix their own chems, B: avoid the time given, and C:screw the contractors in the United States.

Mark my words.....

r.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I think there is something awfully fishy going on. Nobody is forcing BP to do much of anything - including using all that less toxic dispersement that is sitting on those docks. Why have reporters been banned from pictures and why has equipment been turned away? Now I'm hearing that August is the date for clean up - something is afoot and it ain't good.....................sammieswife.

• restrangled
    restrangled

sammmielee.....

you are spot on!

This is an assault on our very existance and yet...It's Friday...no Senate hearings, nothing more scheduled until the 25 of May.

Spew baby Spew/some news agency still referring to 5000 barrels.

Just sheen, where's the oil, the ocean can handle it!

I'd love to see the head of BP and Transocean idiots squirming in their own oil and then dunked in dead bird feathers from the same.

I believe thats called tarred and feathered.

r.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Folks are getting angry. . .

ABC's "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer addressed viewers from the shorelines of Louisiana tonight. She reported on the "anger" that is focused on Washington. "We saw a pickup truck that had a hand painted sign that said 'BP + The Feds = Another Katrina,'" Sawyer reported.

ABC News reports "some of the president's supporters have questioned his leadership," referring to the anger heard from Louisiana natives (and Democratic strategists) Donna Brazile and James Carville. "One of the problems I have with the administration is that they're not tough enough," Brazile said.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/24/abcs_world_news_reports_on_oil_spill_anger_is_reserved_for_washington.html

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Pity the poor Gulf coast residents. Michel Cousteau posted some photos of the underwater oil - it's about 20 feet deep and he's an expert who says this stuff will be everywhere for decades. It's already on land in marshes and other spots and much of it you aren't go to see from aerial shots..it's under the water and will be churned up during each storm and every wave will just push more inward. I watched the BP CEO flip out just before his interview.

As it continues to flow and the oil continues to spread and it hits the beaches and shores, property values will decline, tourism will end, fishing will be non existent....according to Cousteau, every 4-6 days the oil spills the equivalent of the Exxon and despite what we keep hearing about the differences, he said that if you take a shovel today and dig in the Exxon area, you turn up oil. That's how many years it will sit in the beaches. It's still being found in the wildlife there so you can imagine what it is going to do with all things living in the ocean for years and years to come.

It's very, very sad. sammieswife.

• Think About It
  • darth frosty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit