Lies, lies, lies being fed to the to American public.... ie: Gulf Spill

by restrangled 69 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Restrangled, I ask you please to do your homework, and do not say "the Senate" or "Congress". Look in to who is decent (shouldn't take long). We need to reward them while we punish the others. The unknown is not going to be better than the good guys that are there. It's our responsibility to know who they are.

• beksbks
    beksbks

PS, looking at who voted against the "too big to fail" bill is a good place to start.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Beks, for once I agree! We need to reward those who voted against the "too big to fail bill"!

• beksbks
    beksbks
    We need to reward those who voted against the "too big to fail bill"!

Care to explain why?

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

The bailouts have only prolonged the pain and provide a disencentive for good banking practices. Why be careful if you know you will get bailed out? Banks the size of these have failed in the past, within a few weeks nobody remembers them.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Do you actually understand what the too big too fail bill was about, how it was to work? It prohibited bailouts.

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

If the environazis hadn't forced the oil companies to drill so far offshore, maybe none of this would have happened.

• beksbks
  • HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    If the environazis hadn't forced the oil companies to drill so far offshore, maybe none of this would have happened.

*Cough* weasel words *Cough*

So... is "maybe" here a 1% chance? A 50% chance? Are you suggesting an oil rigs that is closer inland... can't cause disasters or suffer from negligence?

The environmentalists were right on this one. Offshore drilling puts the environment, and ultimately us, at risk (considering the damage to the gulf fishing industry, shoreline properties, etc.). In the short term, people will overreact to that risk, but in the long term Americans will remember that the chances of a worst-case-scenario happening are greater than 0%... and the US will likely enforce stronger regulation on off-shore drilling in the hopes of preventing another disaster.

"If road safety nazis hadn't forced car manufacturers to include seatbelts, maybe I wouldn't have gotten into that car accident."

- Lime

• Think About It
    Think About It

From preliminary investigation this disaster incident seems to be more a matter of pressure from management to drill too fast, failure to heed warning signs, safety negligence and lack of regulation, than how far offshore the drilling was done. I'm sure further investigation will reveal more areas of negligence.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit