Lies, lies, lies being fed to the to American public.... ie: Gulf Spill

by restrangled 69 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

First off, you can look up the Chemical now approved by the EPA today:

It is so deadly, You should not breathe it in, or let it get on your skin. It causes burns, disrupts reproduction in all fish/shellfish, and possibly humans, and should never be consumed. (That was under a controlled situation for 48 hours.....god knows wat 500,000 plus gallons will do with no end in sight)

Next:

There was a study done over 10 years ago off the coast in the North Sea off of Sweden mimicking a "Blow Out" that we have now. What they found was the velocity of a spill would create such a horrible situation that most of the oil would wind up below the surface. It creates very tiny bubbles of oil that can't get to the surface,...... now, add to this the dispersants BP is using, and it looks like....Not so bad......Little on our shores, but huge destruction underneath.

I believe, that this is BP's Modus Operandi.....Mitiigate what appears at the surface and people will calm down. If you can't see it....it isn't that bad.

The problem is there is a huge bubble of oil that will circulate around the world, and they(BP) will be free and clear of any claims after a certain date.

Then we have MMS, OKing everything put into place under Bush and Cheney/Getting drugs, whores, etc., and the retirees wind up as Lobbyists for the Oil company.

What gives here?

Obama has not been tough enough....He should shut down MMS. I even question Thad, the Head of the Coast guard. His Comments about this is no longer a huge problem made me sick.

r

• leavingwt
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

70,000 Barrels of Oil a day,Spilling into the Ocean..

Is not a Problem?..

Crazy 1

..........................OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have found very frightening statistics and information but can't give the links because I am in Firefox....(No pasting or links)

Our President is not informed, and we the people will wind up paying in the long run unless someone, anyone in the Whitehouse gets a DAMN grip.

All bigshots in MMS should be fired immediately! Any Lobbyists for Big Oil....OUT NOW.......!

NO MORE LOBBYISTS....They are screwing the American public....Shame on any member of Congress or the Senate for taking money, and by the way shame on the President for not following through and getting rid of all these leaches.....as promised

r.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Restrangled,

Understandably, the president cannot be an expert on everything. I would suspect that oil well blowouts would be about the last on his list - not to mention oilwells in the ocean.

It's free market society - the government allowed them to drill there knowing full well the risks. True, the oil company is responsible for the cleanup, but what of the millions of people it has affected? Property values? Lost income? They will be s.o.l.

Having some experience in the oilpatch, B.P. is extremely safety oriented - maybe a little too extreme. They don't allow just anyone to go ahead and drill out there. The same can be said of Halliburton - they don't cut corners. They are all playing the blame game now, and it's a fairly common phenomenon.

I don't have any answers for you - but I can say that ultimately America is responsible for this spill because they allow these risky ventures to happen offshore.

The big thing to keep in mind is the total impact will not be felt for quite some time, and when it does, I have a feeling it will be devastating. Forget eating fish out of the gulf of mexico for many decades is what I think.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Shamus,

I have few questions for you if you don't mind ......based on this portion of your post

Having some experience in the oilpatch, B.P. is extremely safety oriented - maybe a little too extreme. They don't allow just anyone to go ahead and drill out there. The same can be said of Halliburton - they don't cut corners. They are all playing the blame game now, and it's a fairly common phenomenon.

As a government contractor, I beg to differ. They (Halliburton virtually took over any abillity for small contractors to get a contract) They, Halliburton, had no bid contracts and bought out all small contractors taking over everything from serving Pepsi to the troops to laying cement in the present gulf) Do you remember Haliburton installing running water for showers overseas and many a soldier got electricuted?

I bet everyone has forgotten about that except the families who lost their Son, Husband, or Father.

This was all under Cheney, and don't think for a minute I buy that Halliburton didn't cut corners. They were and still are absolute pros at that art.

Addressing BP.....are you kidding?...do you think as an intelligent human being I am going to buy the statement that B.P. is extremely safety oriented?

NO DICE, and you know it! I'm sorry to say this Shamus, but I now believe you are Monkey for the Oil industry.

See no Evil, Speak no Evil, Hear no Evil. BP the safety wonder of the world.

r.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Addressing BP.....are you kidding?...do you think as an intelligent human being I am going to buy the statement that B.P. is extremely safety oriented?

-------------------

LOL...Shamus ought to be embarrassed to utter such a statement! If BP were so freakin safety oriented, then they would have had plan A, plan B and plan C, all in working order. As it is, they never had any back up plan to deal with this kind of situation because even if the odds were only 1% chance of such a spill, rather than spend the money on a few solid, working safety measures - they obviously opted to go for profit first and let's take our chances.

Let's not forget that men lost their lives and that isn't getting much airplay either.

This wasn't an accident from all we are learning. It was negligence. Perhaps corruption inside all the other agencies who let things slide as well.

Bottom line is that now we all suffer....looking at dead birds and porpoises, grease blobs on the beach and understanding that eco systems are being wiped out is depressing for most of us - except for that one person - the CEO who claimed that' it's just a little oil spill and the ocean's a big place '- no need to worry, just go on down to the beach and play in the oil. Sure - jackass. sammieswife.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Just in case anyone missed this, BP's latest attempt at containing 70,000 barrels per hour just failed. Wow, shoving a tube into another tube thats spewing at such a high vilocity it probobly ruined one of their under water Robots.

Any spare tires and golf balls anyone?

r

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BP had a plan a few days ago..It aired on CNN..

They were going to stuff Rubber tires and Golf balls down the pipe..

Rubber Tires!! and Golf Balls!!..

Why is anyone allowing BP to be in Charge of clean up?..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thats what its down to now Outlaw. Got JUNK?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit