Lies, lies, lies being fed to the to American public.... ie: Gulf Spill

by restrangled 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Sammie, are you saying that drilling is a good thing? There have been many posts on this board where people want to shut down drilling where ever they can. They then sactimoniously describe how they never go to the store alone - as if they alone are doing such things. But the bottom line is they whine they can't live without it.

BP was a tremendous disaster on many levels. What I find striking is the breathless rush to judgement of an entire industry because of the actions of a single company. And we don't even know what happened yet.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mad Dawg, I didn't say stop all drilling, nor did I say anything sactimoniously. I do all I can not to use more energy than our family needs to, and I know many in this country do too. I think oil will be in use for quite a few years yet. On the other hand if the Oil companies have profits in the Billions of dollars every quarter, skimp on safety, rush their employees....which winds up killing employees and ruining our environment, then some breaks need to be applied with all urgency.....especially when drilling in the deep seas. It is obvious they were totally unprepared for this disaster.

I would also say after last nights 60 minutes program, we absolutely do know what happened! (as if it was any surprise)! What we don't know is how bad this is going to be and for how long.

It has been reported the oil has entered the Loop current....frightening news! Oil will be pulled in over Coral reefs, through the Keys and on up the East Coast as far as North Carolina.....the environmental devistation hasn't even begun, and the ultimate ruin of precious coast line, people's ability to make a living, property values......it goes on and on.

r.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Last night on CNN..BP excec`s said a pipe has been successfully attatched to the oil leak..

They are trying to get as much of the spilling oil as they can..

As much as they can????..

Theres still a frigg`n leak,even with the pipe???..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Outlaw, as of now it is recovering approximately 1/5......... 1/5!!!!!!

So that's either 1000 barrels out of 5000....or 10,000 barrels out of 50,000 per day. Of course they won't give the actual figure of barrels. MORE LIES and DECEPTION.

r.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Oil is a great lubricant....

So shut up and bend over!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes, bend over and take it from the Senate at this point.

Watching live coverage on Cspan.....Opening statements by Joe Lieberman delivered like he was dead. Where is the passion and outrage? He gave openings to nail MMS which should be...but MMS is not there to defend themselves and its FEMA and the Coast guard answering questions among others.

I mean really, how lame can it get? How much are they getting paid to perform this silly circus of questions to the wrong people??????

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Sammie said:

Mad Dawg, I didn't say stop all drilling,

I didn’t say you did. I was asking a question.

nor did I say anything sanctimoniously.

I never said that you did. Please note that in my previous post I used the preposition “they”, not “you.”I do all I can not to use more energy than our family needs to, and I know many in this country do too. I think oil will be in use for quite a few years yet. I agree.

On the other hand if the Oil companies have profits in the Billions of dollars every quarter, skimp on safety, rush their employees....which winds up killing employees and ruining our environment, then some breaks need to be applied with all urgency.....especially when drilling in the deep seas.

Are you saying that all oil companies do this?

It is obvious they were totally unprepared for this disaster.

Unequivocally true. As an engineer, I have performed many Failure Mode Effect and Analysis’s. I find it amazing that everyone, in industry and government, act as if it had never occurred to them that this could happen.

I would also say after last nights 60 minutes program…

Given CBS’s history rigging pick-ups to explode and forging documents for political purposes, I don’t believe much that they say. I will wait for the official reports to come out.

It has been reported the oil has entered the Loop current....frightening news! Oil will be pulled in over Coral reefs, through the Keys and on up the East Coast as far as North Carolina.....the environmental devastation hasn't even begun, and the ultimate ruin of precious coast line, people's ability to make a living, property values......it goes on and on.

I do not doubt that this is going to have grave and long lasting effects on the environment. BP must be held responsible for the mess. I am very concerned about the wildlife there. Also, shrimp fishers have been living on the edge for quite some time now. BP should be held responsible for the effect of this on the fishermen’s and others’ livelihoods.

Sammie, I don’t think that you and I are that far appart on this. My beef is with people who think that there is some conspiracy to deliberatly defile the earth and blame all oil companies for what is a singular incident. Yes, we should do what we can to ensure that it remains singular. One person even wants to blame Dick Cheney for the BP spill.

Yet, despite all their belly-acheing about the oil companies, they continue to support them with their patronage. That is like my getting in people’s faces they should be vegatarian, and when I am caught at Burger King I rationalize it as “I only eat two burgers a week, at least it isn’t three!”

If someone wants to live a life free of oil, it really isn’t that hard to do so. Tens of thousands from Missouri to New York already do so. Granted, if millions decided tomorrow to do so, there would be chaos.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Restrangled..

The info I got from CNN,was a loss of 70,000 barrels of oil per day..

If only 1/5 is being saved..

56,000 barrels of oil is being pumped into the ocean..

Per day..Right Now!!..

Burns..

You and I should run for the President of the United States..

We`d be the Tag Team..

Cuban/Canadian,USA President..

http://www.aflinsider.net/images/afl-v-wwf-tagteams.jpg

...................... ...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mad Dawg....I've got a few questions for you.

Your Post:

Given CBS’s history rigging pick-ups to explode and forging documents for political purposes, I don’t believe much that they say. I will wait for the official reports to come out.

Are you saying the fellow who jumped 10 stories into the ocean into burning oil and barely survived was forging something. That his eye witness account of chunks of the BOP coming up on deck was bogus? That they weren't all under extreme pressure to perform because time is money?

That he was left on a burning platform to fend for himself with a family to leave behind because this company cares about it's employees?

Really?

WE all know the oil industry has a bottom line and that is money, just like the Big Banks.

Those who fall by the way side are of little concern.....be it humans or the environment or both.

Those that can buy Mansions over looking their favorite clean beaches could care less. (may the huge under water oil plumes land in front of thier private beaches)

The best repay would be the owners of these oil companies required to get out in the heat, and physically pick up their leaked shit for 10 years. In the white suits under the sun 40 to 50 hours a week like those who are volunteering. Washing off the birds, picking up tar balls, smelling the stink.

That would be sweet justice, but it probably would never happen....instead all we get is Greed. And......

GREED makes for some very ugly PIGS.

r.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Restrangled, I have clearly stated that what happened is a disaster that will have far reaching consequences. I did not watch 60 Minutes because of CBS’s lack of objectivity and integrity when they can gain ratings. Do you suggest that it is only oil companies that sell their souls? I have a friend that owns an airport on Cape Cod. When ever the media would “interview” him concerning an accident or something, they would edit the film to have him saying something entirely different than what he had meant. What ever the man went through on the platform, I have sympathy for him, I have no doubt that CBS sensationalized it for profit. I will wait for the official reports.

Restrangled said:

WE all know the oil industry has a bottom line and that is money, just like the Big Banks.

Of course they have a bottom line. If they didn’t, they would not bother trying to produce goods or services. You have a bottom line too, if you live off a paycheck. Or is your money just handed to you?

I agree that the owner’s should go out there and clean up. The sight of all those Kennedy’s out there getting dirt under their nails would be beautiful. They own Alaska Oil outright. Do you have a retirement plan of any kind? If you do, there is a high probability that you would have to help clean as well.

All your ranting about greed reminds me of the joke about the Puritan that couldn’t sleep at night because someone, somewhere was having fun.

What is your solution? I see you constantly complaining about everyone that makes a profit, but you are silent regarding solutions. Be specific.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit