Lies, lies, lies being fed to the to American public.... ie: Gulf Spill

by restrangled 69 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What I am more worried about is that they are wary in taking risks in cleaning up the spill. What they really need is to get as much of the oil out of the water as they can, at the same time they stop dogging filling in the leaks and drilling another well to get the remaining oil out of that area. This one needs to have safety equipment that perhaps was missing on the original. And, we need technology to extract most or all of the oil out of the water, not just disperse it.

But, more important, we need to get past oil. Accidents are going to happen--and we need to learn from them. But, oil is in finite supply, and we are simply going to run out of the stuff if we don't move past it. Or, OPEC could pull another 1973 type embargo at will, causing our country to go into another stagflation like the 1970s. We, as a nation, got a write-up to that effect back in 1973. Yet, I see nothing moving forward toward nuclear fusion, extracting heat out of the earth, and energy sources beyond our planet. Not to mention, developing theories that allow free energy (and, by free, I do not mean Osama Obama paying for it with my tax dollars. I mean that it doesn't deplete resources.).

We need to quit being afraid of accidents. Rather, we need to work on the technology to clean up after them (and reclaim all that oil or radioactivity that is going to waste), and to prevent them from continually happening in the first place. But, unless we accept that there are going to be accidents and spills, we have the alternative of shutting everything down and killing off all of our trees to use as firewood to keep warm in winter, and accept that we are going to swelter in summer. Plus, no more stoves (except the smoky wood stoves that will kill as many from smoke as could die in mining accidents), computers, cars, fast transportation, or being able to enjoy your Christmas tree without burning down your house (and putting as much pollution in the form of smoke as they are putting into the Gulf in the form of spilled oil).

• flipper
    flipper

RESTRANGLED said, " Cheney actually had closed door private meetings with the oil companies with no one allowed in or notes to be taken while he was V.P. of the United States. " Kind of sounds like Cheney stole the WT society's GB and elder meetings methods , eh ? Or vice versa ? Anyway- owever you cut it there is definitely " information control" going on inside the government and oil companies. They want the American public to be sheeple's and just follow and obey what they say and believe them. The same way the WT society controls the witnesses.

There needs to be a damned revolution and uprising truth be told

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Restrangled, I do know that you use a computer. Do you know where the plastic came from? OIL!

Did you know that I do everything you claim to do… and more? I don’t even own an air conditioner – never have. Let’s face it both of our lives would be very different if we were to root out all things oil from it. I am not the one who vents on the eeeevil oil companies all the while benefitting from them. Kinda of reminds me of Dubbers who won’t donate blood but are happy to benefit from the donations in the form of blood fractions.

If you use oil, you are enabling BIG OIL in their drilling, hence you help create the incentive to risk oil spills and leaks.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

http://www.wimp.com/solutionoil/

Oil clean up solution simple and relatively cheap.

Outaservice

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

A third of the earth will burn. Bet you can fill a third of the earth real fast with a burning oil slick?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They are using DOSS to disperse the oil

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Addressing BP.....are you kidding?...do you think as an intelligent human being I am going to buy the statement that B.P. is extremely safety oriented?

I use to work for BP.

Think About It

• freydo
    freydo

If that well is gushing 70,000 barrels/day - that's 14 times worse than what's been officially reported

- which is almost 3 million gals/day times 3 weeks is on the order of 60 million gals.

That puts it on the map of one of the worst spills and 6 times the Exxon Valdez.

http://www.aolnews.com/the-grid/article/the-grid-charting-the-worlds-worst-oil-spills/19457792

And now they're popping the champagne and saying they're recovering "some" of the oil, buuuuuuut....

They don't say how much. And in the mean time.........not to mention the underwater plumes caused by "dispersants"

http://www.dailyfinance.com/article//expedition-to-contain-oil-leak-begins-in/1039683/?cid=10

"It's all billowing along the ocean floor in a massive underwater "cloud" of black goo that's many miles long and wide. It's destroying the oxygen content of the Gulf of Mexico and threatening to create a massive "dead zone" that could destroy virtually all marine life there."Read more in today's article: http://www.naturalnews.com/028805_Gulf_of_Mexico_Deepwater_Horizon.html

But don't worry, be happy - it's just another end-time-doom-and-gloom conspiracy theory. That muslim in the White House, the pope and a few other notable geniuses have things well in hand.

Luke 23:30 - "Then 'they will say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!" '"

Oh, and then there's that pesky volcano in Iceland and that little stock market correction

Amsterdam, Edinburgh Airports Closed on Ash; London Restricted ...
    May 17, 2010 ... Amsterdam and Edinburgh's airports will be closed this morning, while London services face restrictions, as ash from a volcano in Iceland ... www.businessweek.com/.../amsterdam-edinburgh-airports-closed-on-ash- london-restricted.html - 30 minutes ago

And don't forget those earthquakes of a couple months ago.......................

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

If you use oil, you are enabling BIG OIL in their drilling, hence you help create the incentive to risk oil spills and leak

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BS.

Kind of like saying that if I eat cereal for breakfast, then I'm guilty of helping Monsanto poison people.

We use the resources we have available to us and we pay for it. In most countries, we have to believe that the taxes we pay into the system, will go toward monitoring and regulation to ensure safety. We have to believe that a company that is supposed to provide safety guidelines, has those guidelines in place.

This was negligence. Possible corruption. We don't live in 1885 any longer; we don't churn our own butter, weave our own fabric or have chickens laying eggs in the yard. I walk into a store and every item in it contains plastic, then those are my choices.

The sort of statement you spit out is nonsense. We can all use less of a product if a reasonable alternative is available and it often isn't. We don't support risk...we use a product available to us and when profit exceeds the desire to work responsibly and safely, the onus is on the company and regulators to work together to balance the two.

The US will have to fork over a trillion or so bucks after all this is over because there's no way BP or any company is going to take on all the cost of clean up or loss. I'd rather the US take that money and put it directly into some other form of energy for it's own use and if this or any other company is forced to shut down, then that's the way it is. sammieswife.

• Think About It
    Think About It

This evidently is coming to light now. Exactly what I have been expecting to find out. Think About It

BP 'ordered workers to drill quickly'

ALEX OGLE

May 17, 2010 - 4:54PM

AFP

The massive explosions before the sinking of an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico - leading to a massive slick - came after BP ordered a faster pace of drilling, a rig worker says.

With its complex drilling operations costing BP around $US1 million ($A1.13 million) a day and the extracting of oil behind schedule, Mike Williams, the rig's chief electronics technician, said a BP manager pressured workers to step up their pace.

Williams made the comments in an interview on the CBS TV program 60 Minutes, on Sunday.

"'Hey, let's bump it up. Let's bump it up'," Williams recalled of the BP manager's request. "And what he was talking about there is he's bumping up the rate of penetration. How fast the drill bit is going down."

On the night of April 20, two days before the Deepwater Horizon rig sank, a geyser of mud and water shot 100 metres into the air above the rig and natural gas from below the sea found a spark to set the structure ablaze.

Workers were then shaken by huge explosions, diving into lifeboats or leaping into the murky Gulf waters below to escape the inferno, while 11 workers remained missing and presumed dead following the disaster.

"There's always pressure but yes, the pressure was increased," Williams said of BP's push to step up the pace.

In his view, Williams said that "communication seemed to break down as to who was ultimately in charge", with various managers from BP, who leased the rig, and from Transocean, who owned the rig, appearing to give conflicting orders on how to close the well.

The technician also said ahead of the explosion, and subsequent failure of the blowout preventer to seal the oil well in the event of an emergency, a crew member had accidentally damaged the all-important blowout preventer.

"A crewman on deck accidentally nudged a joystick, applying hundreds of thousands of pounds of force, and moving 15 feet (4.57 metres) of drill pipe through the closed blowout preventer," CBS said, with Williams adding that later "chunks" of the equipment's rubber shield were found to be missing.

In the chaotic moments before the explosions, Williams recalled how he knew something terrible was about to happen.

"I'm hearing hissing. Engines are over-revving. And then all of a sudden, all the lights in my shop just started getting brighter and brighter..." he said.

"My lights get so incredibly bright that they physically explode. I'm pushing my way back from the desk when my computer monitor exploded."

Injured, Williams managed to make it out of his workshop and grappled with the terrifying prospect of leaping into the choppy black ocean below.

"'We're going to burn up. Or we're going to jump'," Williams recalled telling a colleague.

"Maybe 90 feet (27.43 metres), 100 feet (30 metres). It's a long ways," he said of the distance from rig to water, saying he only remembers closing his yes and saying a prayer.

"I made those three steps, and I pushed off the end of the rig. And I fell for what seemed like forever."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit