Would Witnesses REALLY drink the "Kool-aid" if the faithful slave told them to? Yes or no?

by Witness 007 116 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I've read newspaper articles about some crazed Witness who killed his whole family "so they could be together in Paradise and stay faithful"....which when you think about it as a Witness COULD make sense, since they may slip up during the tribulation....also remember that Jim Jones was a very highly respected Pastor for many decades. He was friend of many a political and social figure....he only lost the plot later due to drugs....and MOST not all of his followers were brainwashed enough to kill and die for him.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

JeffT, thanks for pointing out Stanley Milgram's study. I would also recommend everyone take a google or youtube look at the following:

Solomon Asch conformity experiment

AND

Philip Zimbardo Stanford prison experiment

• agonus
    agonus

Yep. The WT takes pride in martyring children and that disgusting magazine is proof positive.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I seem to recall the one statement from a JW mother to daughter: "I would rather you die than be disfellowshipped!"

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

I've read quite a lot about Jones and Jamestown and my conclusion is that there really aren't many similarities between the People's Temple and the Wt Organization. The level of physical, emotional and sexual abuse was much higher with Jones and people were conditioned to a level of unthinking obedience that is not equaled in the Organization. I think a handful would be prepared to drink but the vast majority would not. It's like when they said homosexuality did not break the marriage bond. Witnesses were outraged and pretty vocal about it and as a consequence the Organization backed off.

• Gayle
    Gayle

JWs are not a communal cult. JWs are scattered all around the world, meeting times all different and scattered schedules. A massive suicide would be impossible. Therefore, gathering them all at the same location and same time would be impossible.

However, 'IF' (check this scenario) it were possible to gather them all same place, same time, then reinforce and adamantly convince them that "NOW IS THE TIME, Brothers and Sisters!!," that the outraged governments and religions are now encircling us in their tanks, war planes to destroy us right now. Talks of fervor could rev them up (they have been taught well not to question) and make orders to lock those doors, no one in and no one out,, and announce 'NOW the Governing Body has this latest loving new light from our loving God, Jehovah, and he wants us to take this sleeping pill now, including your children to spare them and us the horror upon us immediately. Jehovah is ready to destroy these enemies 'right now,' our long awaited joy! Soon, soon, soon, we will all awake! into the glorious New World. We have waited long and the time is now!

The majority would partake.

• flipper
    flipper

I would say yes indeed ; most JW's would participate especially if they were conned into believing that their approval by Jehovah demanded they drink Koolaid and commit suicide. I guarantee most would do it. Only the smart " authentic thinking " JW's would get the hell out of dodge. But most all of them are mainly " mind controlled " - those would DEFINITELY do it

• journey-on
    journey-on

I personally don't think the WTS would ever advocate this, but, I guarantee you, I could find at least 4 or 5 scriptures to connect together to form the proverbial "New Light" to support it. With those few scriptures and a charismatic high-ranking WT representative speaking the "right" words and connecting the right dots, they could convince the majority of anything. Hell! They convinced half the oldtimers that they never heard a word about 1975!!!! What did they do?! Hynotize them over the years? Glad I got out when I did!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

JWs are not a communal cult. JWs are scattered all around the world, meeting times all different and scattered schedules. A massive suicide would be impossible. Therefore, gathering them all at the same location and same time would be impossible.

The Memorial and/or the Special Talk every spring. Sure, they would be an hour apart from timezone to timezone but the dead would tell no tales. It would be a logistical problem to overcome but not insurmountable. Just prep the flock by banning any sort of media for 24 hours before and after the Memorial. Also, this would be something that would be months or years in the building. Dissenters would be gone by the time the event actually occurred.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ 1 Year Campain..

"Giving your life up for Jehovah.."

#1:"WBT$ Literature..Advocating.."Giving your life up for Jehovah"..

#2: "Make the topic: "Giving your life up for Jehovah" at all WBT$ Meetings and Assemblys..

#3:Announce a world wide "Very Special Talk" to be held Simultaneously around the World,in 1 year..

(JW`s would eat this up!!..Even lazy JW`s would attend..Attendance would be Staggering..)

( Of course,no Jehovah`s Witness expects to Die at the "Very Special Talk..)

#4:It`s not hard to get a JW to applaude,his/her Ass Off,at a WBT$ Special Talk..

"Wind-Up all the JW`s ,at the WBT$ WorldWide "Very Special Talk"..

Clapping HandsClapping HandsClapping HandsClapping HandsClapping Hands

#5:Refreshments(Kool-Aid) will be served at the "Very Special Talk"..(Much like memorial)..

#6:Once everyone has their paper cup of Kool-Aid.....All Kool-Aid is to be Consumed on Command..

Some will Drink Willingly..Some will Drink because of Peer Preasure..Some will Drink because they are Caught up in the Moment..

Some will realise they are sitting with a bunch of NutCases..

Does the WBT$ really have that much influence,over Jehovah`s Witness`s?..

Absolutely..

................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit