Would Witnesses REALLY drink the "Kool-aid" if the faithful slave told them to? Yes or no?

by Witness 007 116 Replies latest jw experiences

• agonus
    agonus

"Then, when extreme world conditions warrant it (war, pestilence, famine), an announcement would be made that all Witnesses (and only Witnesses -- the Faithful--) would be meeting on a specific day for a most special declaration of New Light from the Governing Body."

This is exactly the kind of scenario I've pictured for some time now.

• agonus
    agonus

And let's not forget, in their own words, the purpose of the new "Kool-Aid" WT was, at least in part, to dispense "more pointed" info/instructions.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Although it's an irrational fear, this scenario is what scares me the most about my mom being a jw. She's proven her faithfulness to the borg many times. She has shunned me for more than 20 years and is now shuning my brother who isn't even da'd or df'd, (her only two children). She's had both of her hips replaced and another surgery where she has denied blood transfusions. If requested, yes, she would drink the kool-aid. As a matter of fact, she'd serve it to everyone else, watch them die writhing in pain, an then drink herself to death with pleasure.

• Razziel
    Razziel

Alot of the older ones who have lived 30-50 years of one dissapointment after another would probably view this as a sweet mercy from Jehovah as compared to spending the few years they have left with no retirement fund or health insurance and in a constant state of depression.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Anyone who thinks that JW's would actually drink the "kool-aid" needs to have their head examined.

I understand how much some of you hate the Org., but come on.

Think, people, think.

Judge Dread

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

My brother totally would, he told me so. He also said he would jump off a bridge for them too. This is not a joke....

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i know of more than one active dub (as i , unfortunately am) who doesn't carry a blood card and , as i would, take a blood transfusion at the drop of a hat. so no, i would not drink the kool aid, unless it was spiked with vodka. which is probably what made me post this in the first place.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

LOL... Bonzo

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I personally knew a number of very seriously, clinically depressed JW's with various secondary mental health problems. Many of them felt worthless from lives of abuse or were suffering years of painful debilitating physical illnesses. There were many others self-medicating depressive states with alcohol. Many of them were hanging by a thread, just trying to hold on, a few more months or years till the big A. Many of them expressed verbally to me, that they wished they could just go to sleep in death and wake up in the new system.

I don't believe it would take too much effort to get seriously physically, mentally and emotionally ill people to drink. If they are are already depressed and standing on the ledge, wrestling with themselves for a reason to go on with life, how much effort would it take for someone to come along and yell, JUMP. I think they're are a number who would be willing to take that step off the ledge. Perhaps 30% in all is my estimate. 15% of the already and willing, and another 15% of the weakest minded who could be coaxed into anything with a minimum of preparation.

• sabastious
    sabastious

They do "drink the kool-aid" so-to-speak by having a "No Blood" directive in their wallets.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit