Would Witnesses REALLY drink the "Kool-aid" if the faithful slave told them to? Yes or no?

by Witness 007 116 Replies latest jw experiences

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I don't think all would follow the WTS in such directives, but many would.

Especially the "spiritually strong" would.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I don't know what types of freaks you hung around but of all my JW friends the answer is NONE.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Imagine this scenario. What would you have done when you were in the full JW mode:

Weeks in advance of the "Very Special Talk", the speculation had started. In light of the fact that the letter from the Governing Body specifically emphasized that only baptized Jehovah's Witnesses were invited and their minor children, surely this talk was the talk of all talks...the ONE the witnesses had been anticipating for generations.

There was so much secrecy surrounding its content, that it was only natural most of the rank and file would begin discussing among themselves the possibilities. "Was it going to be an announcement that 'the ark' was about to close? Maybe they are going to stop the preaching work in preparation? Perhaps, we are going to receive special instructions on how to get ready for the Great Tribulation?"

The day of the Very Special Talk arrives. The auditorium is hushed. The speaker walks to the microphone. His first words are: "Lock the doors. Allow no one else to enter." Several dutiful brothers follow orders and the place is eerily quiet. You can hear each door being closed and locked. The brothers finish carrying out their orders and take their seats. The speaker remains silent for several moments looking out over the audience, then begins speaking in a very somber and authoritative voice. The audience sits with rapt attention, hearts beating so strongly, you could almost feel the collective vibration.

---------and then the scriptures, the noolight application, the instructions, then the QUESTION: Are you worthy and faithful to the end?

• sir82
    sir82

Keep in mind that both Jonestown & Heaven's Gate had a few dozen, or a few hundred, followers. The charismatic leader could realistically enforce in person his orders. Also, with a group that small, you could gather everyone together and enforce a simulataneous operation.

JWs are 7+ million strong, with multiple layers of hierarchy & bureaucracy in place, and spread (thinly) across the globe.

Even Hitler needed 12 years to kill 6 million Jews - and you think the bumbling JWs can kill 7 million of their own in 24 hours?

It's apples & oranges - more like apples & Buicks. You can't even compare the scenarios.

• sacolton
    sacolton

If the GB told Witnesses: "Don't accept blood." - they would obey.

If the GB told Witnesses: "Don't celebrate holidays." - they would obey.

If the GB told Witnesses: "Don't vote." - they would obey.

If the GB told Witnesses: "Don't join the military." - they would obey.

If the GB told Witnesses: "Don't visit other churches." - they would obey.

If the GB told Witnesses: "Don't study the bible independently." - they would obey.

If the GB told Witnesses: "Don't associate with non-Witnesses." - they would obey.

If the GB told Witnesses: "Drink! We shall all be anointed!" - they would obey.

• sspo
    sspo

My ex told me before she left that if the FDS would tell her to jump off a cliff that she would.

That was four years ago but i truly doubt that she would jump.

Most witnesses will do almost anything that FDS tell them to do but i think they are smarter than to commit suicide.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I don't know what types of freaks you hung around but of all my JW friends the answer is NONE.

And I presume that none of them would refuse a blood transfusion for JW reasons as well?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No, I don't think many would drink the poison.

While there may be a few who sadly would, I don't think the majority would go along with it. I figure that many are sitting there faking it and don't believe most of it and they are there for the sake of family and business connections and don't want to make 'waves'. They may talk the talk of the 'faithful' because talk is cheap.

But, if DIRECTLY put to this supreme test of gullibility I do not think they would.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

And I presume that none of them would refuse a blood transfusion for JW reasons as well?

You can't compare obeying a perceived biblical interpretation with a preposterously hypothetical scenario.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    You can't compare obeying a perceived biblical interpretation with a preposterously hypothetical scenario.

I am not so sure - the bible nowhere even hints at the idea of blood transfusion, blood fractions, organ transplants, or such. And yet the loyal JW is supposed to be willing to DIE over these issues, and many have done so in the past.

Were you a JW when the Jonestown suicides came about? I was an elder, and I found that about 10% of witnesses I knew were secretly concerned of the cult-like similarities between the Jonestown people and witnesses.

Mind control is a dangerous thing - and how pervasive it is has always proven to be very difficult to judge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit