Would Witnesses REALLY drink the "Kool-aid" if the faithful slave told them to? Yes or no?

by Witness 007 116 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

I have had the occasion to encounter some JWs in my workplace. DF'd, and therefore expelled for some manner of "wrongdoing", but claiming to be JWs nonetheless. They still are adamant about not wanting blood or blood products. I believe that these people believe that the act of martyrdom - dying for the cause - will somehow expunge them of their "sins" and merit their resurrection in paradise.

Things like fornication and adultery and smoking aren't considered to be as much of a big "sin" as accepting a blood transfusion - those things can be "fixed" more or less - you can say you're sorry, you can make amends. But if you take a blood transfusion, it's an admission that you don't really believe that you'll be resurrected if you die. If you die after taking a blood transfusion, you're screwed for all eternity. If you die from refusing a blood transfusion, even if you're DF'd, you at least have a chance of coming back.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Asch, Milgram, Zimbardo.

It's been said but there are so many independent thinkers here (that's WHY we left, folks) that it is difficult to imagine others as TRUE mind-controlled conformists.

MANY WOULD DO IT. I have NO DOUBT about it.

No, it isn't likely the Borg would ever go there but IF they DID, many of the rank and file dubs would follow like the sheep they are programmed to be.

• luna2
    luna2

Some would...those that are convinced that Jehover is setting a test of loyalty for them and they will gain everlasting everlastingness by drinking the koolaid of Jah. They would convince themselves that because "time is short" and that it is final hours of the "last days" that somehow this would be a kindness on the part of the Corporate Publishing Executive in the sky, so that His little publishers wouldn't have to suffer excessively. Although, it would be hard to get around not being one of those who would make it through the Big A and never experience death, I'm sure.

Others would not...those that still had some use of their brains.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I heard a comment recently that shocked me. The sister said that we would need to follow the direction that we receive "no matter what it is". She repeated this a couple of times. It reminded me of this thread. When I first read this thread, I thought no way, most would not drink the kool aid. Now I'm not so sure.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I think that if it were orchestrated in such a way that the Congs. had "special talks" that were for JDubs only and they were worldwide; they would be pumped up and psyched up for weeks ahead of time because this was a big JDub only, elitist only meeting; I think that with peer pressure, the R&F who showed up would do what they were told. Also, I think many people in attendance who were riding the fence may go along because they're seeing all of their family and friends die and they just don't want to go on like this.

Just some thoughts.

I do believe, 100% positive, that my mother would do it. And my sister.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

When I first began to see the control that organization had over my Ex, I asked myself the same question. When I came to grips with the "No Blood" policy, I knew the answer was "Yes!" It's the same thing, killing yourself or your children because the GB told you so.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit