Our Southern Friends- Are you Pissed about the Oil Spill? I Know I Am ...... !

by flipper 233 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

WTF? Where's my kiss?

• beksbks
    beksbks

That's foolishness Burn and you know it. So you suggest that we continue to burn oil like drunken sailors, rather than explore new ideas for energy? Many of which we already know will work? What happened to the electric car, that worked, was cheap to run and maintain? Why did they scrap them? Literally, scrap.

Growing corn, potatoes, rice, soybeans..................hell, you name it, does not have the risk. You honestly think it's worth the livelihood of the Gulf Coast residents for clueless Americans to drive SUV's and Hummers???? There is a way to make a transition here, but only if we DO it.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm mad tonight Monkey, I might bite your face off!!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Each of the business involved with this disaster aren't taking any responsibility for what has happened,

why ? Money.... they have the Exxon Valdez disaster to model what all took place there and then.

BP is pointing their finger at the company that owned and operated the oil platform.

You can just imagine what the perspective lawyers are discussing behind closed doors.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That's foolishness Burn and you know it.

No it isn't foolishness. The fact that you didn't answer my question, and give an explanation demonstrates that the fact that some oil leases don't get used has a basis in logic, demonstrates that your argument regarding unused leases has no merit.

So you suggest that we continue to burn oil like drunken sailors, rather than explore new ideas for energy?

I suggest nothing of the sort. I suggest that we explore other options. I suggest that we research other forms of energy.

I frequently converse with leaders in this area of alternative energy. I recommend their companies to investors when I can. It isn't all there yet. I want it to be. But I deal with reality, not fantasy.

Many of which we already know will work?

If we KNEW they would work, they would already see widespread acceptance. Some may work in theory, but theory needs to be put to the test.

What happened to the electric car, that worked, was cheap to run and maintain?

I limit my belief in myth to religion, and do not extend it to science and technology.

There was no magical electric car capable of replacing the internal combustion powered automobile.

Even our best technology, at present, cannot do this, cheaply.

You honestly think it's worth the livelihood of the Gulf Coast residents for clueless Americans to drive SUV's and Hummers????

Vehicle choice is a private matter. A large SUV is not necessarily a poorly informed choice. I bought my wife a honking big SUV. Ford Expedition.

Guess what? If that Prius ever runs a red light and hits it, I have a high degree of probability that the ones that will walk away from the accident will be my wife and little ones. It's simple physics.

If there is a forest fire and they shut off the paved roads. I can laugh. I can take the dirt trails. I've got ground clearance and 4x4.

Do that in a Prius.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100

TTO,

I fully understand - but that's on their dime. It's still irrelevant in that BP is ultimately responsible for the spill. That's why the least was granted - in case something like this happens, they have the cash to clean it up.

Besonkers,

Rawr! The monkey doesn't fight kitty cats. It insists upon kisses...

• beksbks
    beksbks

Burn do you know what happened to the extensive public transportation system in So Cal early last century?

Do you honestly believe that oil men among others, are not fighting to prevent a change??

You're gold analogy is childish and inaccurate.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The monkey's sad....

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The next attempt at sealing the leak next week will be a tell tale of whats to come, its either going to be

a bad spill to a catastrophic spill thats going to have far reaching repercussions for the lower south eastern States.

I still attend that the US government hasn't stepped up to this problem like they should.

• beksbks
    beksbks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_the_Electric_Car%3F

Topics addressed

The film deals with the history of the electric car, its development, and commercialization. The film focuses primarily on the General Motors EV1, which was made available for lease mainly in Southern California, after the California Air Resources Board passed the ZEV mandate in 1990. Also discussed are the implications of the events depicted for air pollution, environmentalism, Middle East politics, and global warming.

The film details the California Air Resources Board's reversal of the mandate after suits from automobile manufacturers, the oil industry, and the George W. Bush administration. It points out that Bush's chief influences, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, and Andrew Card, are all former executives and board members of oil and auto companies. The EV1 was eliminated from the GM Line in 1999.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit