Our Southern Friends- Are you Pissed about the Oil Spill? I Know I Am ...... !

by flipper 233 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm not concerned.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Besonkers,

Although the monkey is sad, and I rarely agree with BTS, wouldn't you say it's America's problem, nay, the whole world's problem due to our reliance on oil?

What we need is a good billion people annihilated, love. Hopefully Jehovah intervenes and we can start farming again and riding horses.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'm not concerned.

Let me guess, you think the threat of the spill is blown out of proportion. I wouldn't be the least surprised if you are, in fact, proven correct.

Beks, the EV1 didn't pass muster as a replacement for a regular vehicle for most people. It was a prototype vehicle. The major limiting factor is battery technology, followed by an infrastructure that allows for charging away from home. Neither of these was present for the EV1. In fact, there isn't yet a proven battery technology today. I underscore proven. I am following several battery mfgs in hopes that they actually have something that will: 1)work 2) scale 3) be inexpensive.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100

Be assured: You've seen nothing yet. If by some miracle they can cap it without drilling a relief well, I'd be extremely surprised. Why aren't they drilling it right now?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Burn more important than the flaws of the EV1, are those who fought so tirelessly against it.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Let me guess, you think the threat of the spill is blown out of proportion. I wouldn't be the least surprised if you are, in fact, proven correct.

Amazing.

Isn't it already worse than the Exxon Valdez? And still no end in sight? Alaska still hasn't recovered. Talk to the folks who live and work there, see if they are unconcerned, or think it's blown out of proportion.

And weren't you one who posted some of the blogs and web articles about the delayed and inadaquate response from the Gov??

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The interesting thing about oil companies and where they drill is off shore drilling

is out of peoples eyes and concern for most parts until a accidental blow out occurs.

On land there is much more opposition to dilling and retrieving oil,

but what happens when something like this happens and everyone seems surprised.

What would happen if in a area of many oil platforms, had a enormous earthquake,

will these oil rigs stay structurally sound and not have blow outs like the one in the gulf ?

• beksbks
    beksbks
    What we need is a good billion people annihilated, love. Hopefully Jehovah intervenes and we can start farming again and riding horses.

Now you're talking sense Monkey! Come give us a kiss!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Regardless. Their chances of success would have been far less if the EV1 was actually a commercially viable technology. It wasn't. That said, it was mad cool. Electric will be back, I suspect. Nanotechnology will allow us to design batteries with an energy density and a recharge speed that will allow sufficient range to make electric competitive.

Of course, then you have to consider how you are going to generate all that electricity off the grid.

I think solar will have some viability. Maybe a lot. It is all about cost per watt.

I have serious doubts over wind, I don't envision any transformational improvements on that front as I do for solar.

Nuclear, of course, is full of win, and available right now.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

Bah Nuclear has so much issue, not win. Until we learn how to make it completely clean, it ain't win.

Wind actually generates a lot of power, and if solar could be made more economical (which you know it can if given a chance).........The problem with all of it, is that someone in the fossil fuel business is going to lose out, and they are far far too powerful to let that happen without a fight.

You really should watch that movie "Who killed the electric car". And DO you know why the rail system in So Cal was scrapped?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit