Our Southern Friends- Are you Pissed about the Oil Spill? I Know I Am ...... !

by flipper 233 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Lord save our waters and coasts from this scourge. *sigh*

It is so irresponsible of the Exxon company, BP, and ALL the oil companies to put our lands, waters, and wildlife at such a risk for the sake of what ? Fattening up their bank accounts . Just sick.

This is nonsense. We need oil to live. There is no way around it. Someone has to extract it. Someone has to refine it. You might as well blame farmers for putting "our land at risk for the sake of what?"

To fill our bellies, that's what.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100

That's right, Burnsie.

There will always be that threat no matter what. The lease was granted, they screwed up, they're going to clean it up, and that's that.

Your only other alternative is to cease all offshore drilling immediately and go green. Take it or leave it.

Kiss me!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I watched some of the questioning on C-span today,

While they are worried about pointing fingers at who is to blame the oil still spills out.

I applaud all those that are fighting to keep it off the shores and worrying about the blame later.

purps

• shamus100
    shamus100

Ultimately BP is to blame. Weather they blame the contractor is irrelevant at this stage and something they can pursue themselves. It's not up to the American taxpayer to figure it out - BP had the lease.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

BP had the lease. They may or may not have been negligent. Everything I have read suggests they weren't, that they followed best practices and regulations.

Regardless, accidents happen.

There are risks in any enterprise.

Regardless, BP should pay to clean up.

Fair is fair. You break it, you pay for it.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100

BTS,

I have no doubts they will. You are 100 percent correct, it's all a part of the enterprise.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    We need oil to live. There is no way around it. Someone has to extract it. Someone has to refine it. You might as well blame farmers for putting "our land at risk for the sake of what?"
    To fill our bellies, that's what.
    BTS

Bull! Not only are there tons of leases that are not being pursued, the oil company lobbyists have prevented higher emissions standards, public transportation focus, alternative energy exploration etc. etc. They and the Oil Administration of the last decade.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Besonkers!!!!

Come to me love.....

The government let them drill - it's a part of the game. Ultimately the Americans will pay for it somehow.

Kiss me love!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Bull!

OK. If it is bull, halt all oil production, posthaste. See how well things go for us without energy.

Not only are there tons of leases that are not being pursued,

There are good oil leases and there are bad oil leases.

Allow me to illustrate.

I hereby grant you, Beksbks of the Exposed Brain Avatar, hailing from California, a gold lease on my property in Florida.

You are hereby authorized to mine and extract gold from this property.

You are free to spend thousands, or millions, to find any gold. If you find it, you are free to keep it.

Of course, I live on a geological formation bereft of gold deposits. It's all limestone here. An ancient coral reef. This was all underwater less than a million years ago.

Tell me Beks, would you exploit the gold lease I just granted you? Why or why not?

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks
    It will take 10 or more years to make them look good again.

10? I grew up in Santa Barbara California.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit